+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 7/7 FNS 9 Episode 5 **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/7 FNS 9 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

I love Rodney the Pieman and I want him to win but I don't think he will as he had several missteps already. I thought the packaging for Stacey's brand should have a retro graphic design (maybe even Chris').

Modern Vintage Graphic Design

So I guess the Star Salvation episode is not televised. You can watch it here:
    WATCH: Star Salvation Episode 1, a Second Chance at Stardom | Star Blog
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 07-08-2013 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    So I guess the Star Salvation episode is not televised. You can watch it here:
    WATCH: Star Salvation Episode 1, a Second Chance at Stardom | Star Blog
    There's an ongoing thread for all the Star Salvation webisodes: http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...twork-com.html.

The newest Salvation battle is up at FoodNetwork.com.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I did. And I thought it was kind of stupid.
    Is this a series or a one-time thing?
    I'm hoping one-time thing.

As I understand it, it's a SERIES. Seems to have taken the place of The Food Truck Race.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Pie-Man drives me batty. He's such a wannabe.....
    his singing (scratchy yelling) is monotone (only a couple notes involved), he seems to only know a couple chords on the guitar and so far, hasn't made one decent pie....... He's like a caricature of a person.
    He just doesn't seem authentic to me and tries too hard to be this "character."
    You have to be real or the camera will pick it up and so will the viewers.
    maude~flanders and Shoepie like this.

I'm not a fan of pie-man. I like Stacey (and not just because she's a fellow San Diegan) now, after my fave Viet got booted.
    Pie-man is horribly inarticulate. But if he fits FN's wish list, they'll make it work. After all, the "Big Daddy's House" guy was also horribly inarticulate, but FN found a way to hand-hold and dialect-coach him through: both during and post.
    FN will get what FN wants.
    Shoepie and Duckyface like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I am not a big fan of the pie-man for a few reasons.
    1) I don't think he is that good at presentation.
    2) The people on the show aren't really impressed with his food.
    3) Since I am from the Baltimore area I have tried his pies. Both a sweet version and a savory version. I wasn't impressed in the least. The pie crust was good but in both the sweet and savory version it just wasn't anything impressive to a) travel to his shop b) pay the high prices for a "dangerous" pie.

Pie man needs to go next. I couldn't understand anything he was saying or singing during his presentation and the fact that they all gave him decent advice and he basically said screw what they said was enough for me.
    Ellen likes this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

It's really annoying how they keep pie-man around when it is so obvious that he just doesn't have the skills to do a show. He doesn't make good pies, he doesn't speak well on camera, and he doesn't listen to direction. If they want someone like him, I bet there are a thousand other pie-guys or ladies who could do a better job and handle a show. They seem so determined to make it work with him, but they need to give it up and let him go!! The worst one is Giada! She is so crazy about him that it's ridiculous! Maybe the snobby princess wants to go slumming or something...
    Ellen, TripleGemini and Dragonlady like this.

I've heard some unsavory stories/rumors about Giada. According to these stories, she likes men....a lot.
    Sure surprised me but could also be just lies....altho you do wonder when you hear something repeatedly.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by marauder View Post
    I am not a big fan of the pie-man for a few reasons.
    1) I don't think he is that good at presentation.
    2) The people on the show aren't really impressed with his food.
    3) Since I am from the Baltimore area I have tried his pies. Both a sweet version and a savory version. I wasn't impressed in the least. The pie crust was good but in both the sweet and savory version it just wasn't anything impressive to a) travel to his shop b) pay the high prices for a "dangerous" pie.
    Interesting that you have tried his pies! Crust is the easy part. The filling has to be over the top good. The crust certainly does too but there is less to it. Butter/lard, flour, salt and ice water. Once you get that down, and it doesn't take long, you are home free. If you use Crisco you are doomed and a very bad person!

He is trying to be a character and he really isn't.

I don't see Chad winning unless he can show a range in his food beyond sweet. He has been criticized for this plenty. Then goes and makes sweet beans. Alton is annoyed with him.

Stacey is the likely winner.

I am not counting Damaris out yet. They like her quirky side and a fresh personality would be good for them. I don't see her in a cooking show but a host to a food related show, definately. Guy has made quite the career doing just that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast