+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 6/30 FNS 9 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

6/30 FNS 9 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Tonight they go LIVE with an audience.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 6/30 FNS 9 Episode 4 **West Coast Spoilers**

Just starting to watch now...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

It wasn't live for me...
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I love the challenge where unexpected things happen during the contestants' live presentations.

But, why, oh why (on this and other shows), don't all contestants watch past seasons to get an idea of the types of challenges they'll be facing.

Viet and Stacey were my early favorites, but after tonight, I thought Viet was the one who should go. I felt the same way the judges did - Russell showed he could be good on camera - Viet never did.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Why do they keep insisting on keeping around this "pie man" guy? He has never made a dish they have liked and he said "sucker" twice on live television. I don't understand all of the love the judges have for this guy, and yet I feel like they want to see him win.
    Viet, on the other hand, at least had the culinary ability. He may have been able to break out of his box with a little more help and time.
    The thing about these shows is in the end, can I watch the show, make the dish and like it? I watched Melissa DeArabia's show, after she won, and made one of her chicken recipes. It was so gross that my family wouldn't eat it and I wasted a bunch of money. It was an orange chicken recipe, so there was no reason for me to think we wouldn't like it, and yet, the ingredients didn't go together and it tasted terrible. I don't watch a cooking show for entertainment. I want to actually be able to trust what they tell me. Give me someone who can teach me some awesome recipes and techniques over a gimmicky jerk in a hat who says "sucker" every other word!
    Ellen and mandmmom2 like this.

I really don't think pie man is going to win this thing.... I am surprised he is still around, but Viet didn't do well. The guy can cook, but it looks like he can't host.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Pie man - I can't understand him! He mumbles and I hate that.
    Boozy sexy girl - she annoys the living daylights out of me, I want her gone.

Viet - awwww......why didn't they give him a chance? They gave Bobby and Giada chances, they wouldn't have made it to the end of this show given the way they started out. Bobby was so unlikeable and Giada was such a stuck-up ice princess.

I'm liking crazy-eyes Stacy and Nikki now that Viet is gone. I can't get behind Chris because I remember what an emotionally abusive jerk he was on the Great Food Truck Race so I will never watch anything he is in.

I can't be bothered to remember the rest of them, they just don't interest me in the slightest.

I think Viet will be the one coming back into the competition, he should beat the other contestants easily.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Russell and Viet were both throw-aways when the season started, as neither of them seemed capable of hosting a show. Russell has made progress where Viet still seems the same as he did 5 episodes ago.

I too have to wonder why The Pie Man is still there. Like Maude~Flanders said, I watch to learn, not because I'm bored. If I see something that LOOKS good, I also want it to TASTE good when I try it in my own kitchen.

It's looking more and more (at least to me) like Stacy has already been chosen the winner. Chad has the skills, but he doesn't have the camera presence she has. I would not watch Nikki's Meat On The Side type of show but she seems to know what she's doing in the kitchen.

If I had to pick a final three right now, they would be it.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Viet was an early favorite because I thought I'd be able to learn something from a chef who beat Bobby Flay. But I don't recall most of his dishes turning out all that well. Disappointing. He's likeable too when he's not frozen in front of the camera.

Besides contestants not watching past seasons of the show they're going to be on, I wonder why more don't seem to have practiced their presentation skills. If I were chosen to be on this show, I'd even pay for some professional coaching.

I wouldn't rule Chad out yet. He's often very good on camera.

I like Nikki's concept, but her presentation skills aren't that good - at least, not yet.

Like the rest of you, I don't understand why Pie Man is still there.

As for Melissa d'Arabian, I missed the season she was on, and only catch her show occasionally, but have made several of her recipes that turned out great. Her Quick Croque Madame sandwich has become something we have at least once a month - my husband loves them.

I, too, have made several of Melissa's dishes and liked them. Agree about the Croque Madame, Kip.

As of right now, I think Stacey has the combination of cooking and presentation skills. I'd at least try watching her show. I would not watch Pie Man or Russell or Chris.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast