+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 6/9 FNS 9 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

6/9 FNS 9 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Burgers, anyone?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 6/9 FNS 9 Episode 2 **West Coast Spoilers**

Ugghhh -- NOT the result I was hoping for...
    :
    NCLurker likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I was disappointed but not surprised with the outcome. The saved lady did at least have a burger that was properly cooked and worked (as you cannot overwork bison meat or it's too dry and gamey) whereas the other fellow did poor in both presentation and the burger.

That said, I do think these judges - especially on a show that requires personality, need to do a "bottom two twice for the same thing you're out" because the one who was saved has a screen personality like a rock. I mean - I can talk like that but even I know how to twist words around to get a laugh. She doesn't - even her jokes fall flatter than a thin sheet of mica peeled off from the stone.

Top three I totally agree with... but am still trying to figure out who had the burger that had a heaping helping of RAW onion on top.

To the Point

wasn't the raw onion on Andre's?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Was there a NAMED 'winner' last night? I know who had the greatest amount of tokens, but I don't actually remember the judges calling him the winner or talking about any advantage in the next round that the win might have brought.

The favorites I had last week (Chad & Stacey) are still my favorites, but Damaris is losing ground. Russell stepped up his game, as I thought he would. I would have had a hard time deciding between his burger with the caramelized onions and bacon and Chad's burger with the fried green tomato.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Was there a NAMED 'winner' last night? I know who had the greatest amount of tokens, but I don't actually remember the judges calling him the winner or talking about any advantage in the next round that the win might have brought.
    There was a tie - two had 14 tokens I think, and both burgers were praised. They were Russell and the barbecue guy (Chad). Then the one gal was a close second/third, and then I'd say Viet was fourth to round out the top four.

The favorites I had last week (Chad & Stacey) are still my favorites, but Damaris is losing ground. Russell stepped up his game, as I thought he would. I would have had a hard time deciding between his burger with the caramelized onions and bacon and Chad's burger with the fried green tomato.
    I'd tried as many of them as I could then make my vote. But those two and Viet's were the ones that sounded really good.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I would have preferred to see Danuska go home, but I guess it didn't matter as I don't think the other two will last long either. My favorites are Stacey, Chad, and Viet. Chad's got a great personality, but I wouldn't watch a BBQ show. I like Stacey's personality too, and the vintage take might be interesting. I like Viet because if he beat Bobby Flay on IC, you know he can cook.

I wish the Food Network wouldn't try to lock people into such narrow categories (pies, sandwiches, BBQ, etc.). I'd be much more likely to watch a more generic show like "Cooking with Chad" where Chad might only do BBQ every 2 or 3 shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I wish the Food Network wouldn't try to lock people into such narrow categories (pies, sandwiches, BBQ, etc.). I'd be much more likely to watch a more generic show like "Cooking with Chad" where Chad might only do BBQ every 2 or 3 shows.
    Same here. They were really trying to force the weight loss POV on Andre ("it's his only story worth telling"). Part of that was Andre's fault for mentioning the weight loss but not fully committing to that POV and getting it mixed up with trying to teach guys how to cook. I'm glad Viet improved so much. Still don't like Rodney or Russell. Lovely was less annoying than before, but she did seem quite rehearsed. Can't wait for Danushka to be sent packing. I really didn't like her comment about being thin so therefore only needing a small burger. She'll most likely be kept around for the drama.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

FORT Fogey

You are in a competition to lure people to your burger and you choose a whole wheat bun or a bison burger the size of a silver dollar? Now that was just silly.

I bet Viet would have gotten many more tokens if more were familiar with a Banh Mi sandwich. They are so good! And he served his on grilled bread, always a favorite with me. He would have gotten my token without a doubt.

The concept of meat on the side is a clever one but she is failing to execute the idea. In a buger competition, just make a damn burger! Put tomato and arugula on top and corn inside the burger or whatever you choose but make a burger. I used to hide broccoli and spinach in burgers for my kids when they were in the "I don't eat anything green" stage. Worked like a charm!

Hodge Podge and Lovely annoy me. Neither can win. Damaris is begining to enter this catagory.

I think the contenders to the win are clear. Chad, Viet and Stacy. I am not sure Russell can maintain his lead.

I noticed they were serving halves and quarters of each burger, or was that at the end when people were roaming around just finishing up those already cooked having spent their tokens?

I noticed them quarterling the burgers too...yet they were suppose to make 100....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast