+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Lovely Jackson - Season 9

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Lovely Jackson - Season 9

Still irritating. Glad she got taken down a peg. I thought it was a bad idea to give up your token BEFORE you ate and - in this case - I was right.

Top Chef often uses a participant voting system, but you decide AFTER you've tasted the food.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I thought it was a bad idea to give up your token BEFORE you ate and - in this case - I was right.
    Actually I agree with this method of voting, the judges aren't really rating chefs, they are rating personalities. They want to know who is selling their food better. After the real show starts airing they don't really care if the chef can cook at all, they just have to make it look like what they are cooking tastes good. The can fake that a chef cooks well (i.e. other people write the recipes, scripts, pretend the food tastes great, etc.) they can't stage the personality and likability as much.

I agree. Given the point of the show, it makes sense to have the audience give input on who can articulate and sell their ideas, so that the judges can get a read on what the "general public" wants and relates to. Although it would be unfortunate to be a guest and give up a token for a good presentation only to have bad food when there were other options you could have picked.

I found her less annoying this time around, but still she seemed rehearsed and contrived in her presentation, and I believe this will be her eventual downfall. Is she sticking with the "glam" POV or did she change it?
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I don't care for her at all....
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

FORT Fogey

She annoys the judges but the edit we see is even handed. Standard in all these shows. They don't want to tip the viewers, too soon, as to who has their attention and who they are just waiting to oust! She is on their hit list.

Susie emphasizes that the food network is a family and it is necessary to fit in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12