+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 7/22 Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: 7/22 Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I think we all pretty much knew - almost from the beginning - that Justin (Alton 2.0) was going to win.

My daughter is eager to see his show. Me . . . . not so much.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I didn't have a strong favorite this season but I do like Justin's ideas. He does seem a bit too brash/cocky at times but I'm sure most viewers won't have a problem with that. On the other hand, I loved Guy on his season but can't change the channel fast enough when he comes on now. Is he still wearing sunglasses on the back of his head even when he's inside?

Michelle kind of grew on me and I think she would be fun to watch. She seemed very authentic. Was really happy to see Nikki go; she totally rubbed me the wrong way.

In the end though I guess the personality only counts for so much -- I love Rachel Ray but after watching for quite a while I realized that none of her recipes really appealed to me. But I do love my Food Network. :-)
    NFL1 and wannasee like this.

Some observations:

Suzzy was really bummed to see Marti go. She implied that Marti had recently gone thru a difficult personal experience; seemed like Suzzy bonded with her, maybe explains why they kept her so long.

The front row of seats was the last 6 standing EXCEPT they swapped Martita with Ippy. Must be a bummer for Ippy..not only do they think he is too relaxed, they don't think he is attractive enough to sit in the front row.

They showed a preview for "fun clips" that looked to show Emily and others goofing off but then never showed that segment.

I was glad to see that they complimented Eric for his cooking. Bobby seemed surprised that Eric is still not employed and implied he had a job for him. If anyone hears about that post update here.

I still don't understand how Emily got the ax so early in the show other than fact that Alton had too many interesting personalities on his team. Even if she can't cook she is far more fun to watch than many of the dreadfully boring people on the network. She reminds me of Venus Hum in the Blue Man Group video I Feel Love.

Blue Man Group - I Feel Love - YouTube

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I think we all pretty much knew - almost from the beginning - that Justin (Alton 2.0) was going to win.

My daughter is eager to see his show. Me . . . . not so much.
    I see a lot of Alton in him.. but when they showed his pilot again.. to me it is like Alton and Jamie Oliver had a love child. I like them both, so I am ok with it Glad he won, but still want to see a show from Michelle. Loved her pilot.
    NFL1, wannasee and sparklete like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Bleh. I never, ever liked Justin, at all. Never liked his food, his looks, his "POV", and especially not how he's so boring and has zero personality. He's as wooden as a ventriloquist dummy, and his extremely red lips and hair that never moves sure help add to the look. Worst winner yet, that's for sure, and I never could understand why people adored him.
    Last edited by Rembrant; 07-24-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandora2 View Post
    On the other hand, I loved Guy on his season but can't change the channel fast enough when he comes on now.
    I said the exact same thing a couple of weeks ago. I thought for sure FN would make him get rid of that chunky gold jewelry when he got his own show.
    In stead, I think they ADDED some!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant View Post
    Bleh. I never, ever liked Justin, at all. Never liked his food, his looks, his "POV", and especially not how he's so boring and has zero personality. He's as wooden as a ventriloquist dummy, and his extremely red lips and hair that never moves sure help add to the look. Worst winner yet, that's for sure, and I never could understand why people adored him.
    I never liked him either, but as many have said, it seemed fairly obvious from the beginning that he was going to win. I don't watch Guy anymore, and I won't be watching Justin either. His food is just too weird.
    sparklete likes this.

From the comments on this board, I'm kind of glad I didn't watch this season.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Justin is kind of meh. I probably won't watch his show - or if I do, it will be by default - as in nothing else is on.

I really don't get the love for Michelle. She is way too in my face. I watched her on Chopped and even then I had my fill of her.

I'm pretty sure she'll get some kind of show, tho, whether on Food Network or the Cooking Channel. I definitely won't be watching her.

Now, I know I compared him to a ventriloquist dummy before, but I know I can't be the only one who sees this. And darn it, why can't I make the image a bit bigger?

Comparison.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast