+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 7/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 7/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    The four:

Marti: No idea what the producers see in her other than insurance against Paula Dean retirement.

Yvan: Nice enough. Needs a qualifier in front of "home style." Saying Home Style means nothing. Seems to have potential but never seems to exceed "above average." (I'd rather have Ippy.)

Michelle: She kept talking New England POV but recently it seems clear she is really talking about NE Seafood. Is there no food in NE other than seafood? If it is all about seafood that is a lot less interesting to me. I can see her doing well, but I wouldn't be interested in the show.

Justin: He is a genius with motivation. I probably would't try anything he makes but find it fascinating to watch. He would be the first food network star (I think) focused on a young demographic.

Of course it doesn't matter what the producers say now, it is up to the viewers. I suspect that those that like Michelle might be "serial voters" and might push her through. Yvan could also have serial voters.

Justin is going to be on the food network regardless of whether he wins this show--he just has too much talent to discard. He is the only one of the 4 that could take on a typical Food Network Road Show and bring some credibility to the hosting job. I can think of a half dozen shows he could host. How about this: Same concept as Diners Drive-ins and Dives but focus only on places teens visit. Or only places that have "rebel" food. Or only places open less than 2 years. The possibilities are endless.
    ITA with your thoughts here and hope you are right about Justin! I actually watch a few cooking shows and I KNOW I would do some of Justin's dishes because they are flashy/fun and look delicious! As far as the voting goes, I just hope Marti doesn't pull a large southern vote and win--she annoys the heck out of me and I'm from and live in the South!

sidenote--Ive done some of Paula D's dishes before (pretty decent) but my hubby and I tried one of her restaurants this weekend and literally sent all the food back--it was AWFUL (and, this really needs repeating: AWFUL!!). The soup tasted like melted [salted] butter, cream and paprika and the chicken pot pie tasted like they tossed the same disgusting soup in a larger bowl and threw some old bread on top.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    ITA with your thoughts here and hope you are right about Justin! I actually watch a few cooking shows and I KNOW I would do some of Justin's dishes because they are flashy/fun and look delicious! As far as the voting goes, I just hope Marti doesn't pull a large southern vote and win--she annoys the heck out of me and I'm from and live in the South!

sidenote--Ive done some of Paula D's dishes before (pretty decent) but my hubby and I tried one of her restaurants this weekend and literally sent all the food back--it was AWFUL (and, this really needs repeating: AWFUL!!). The soup tasted like melted [salted] butter, cream and paprika and the chicken pot pie tasted like they tossed the same disgusting soup in a larger bowl and threw some old bread on top.
    I haven't heard great reviews of her restaurants in the past.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Still think it's Justin's to take but I didn't really think his pilot was that good, which surprised me. Maybe it was the fact he was so close to the screen when talking...it was a bit off.
    If you haven't seen Alton's show, then Justin's big face on the screen would seem odd. But he was doing a spoof on Alton's style...at Alton's request. He was good at the spoof but I like him better as just Justin.
    I may not like most of Justin's food but I would still vote for him (if I was a judge). He seems to have very innovative ideas...and things that are really outside the box, which I think all producers like. It doesn't have to "suit" me and what I'd watch but could make a popular show.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345