+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 7/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 7/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The four:

Marti: No idea what the producers see in her other than insurance against Paula Dean retirement.

Yvan: Nice enough. Needs a qualifier in front of "home style." Saying Home Style means nothing. Seems to have potential but never seems to exceed "above average." (I'd rather have Ippy.)

Michelle: She kept talking New England POV but recently it seems clear she is really talking about NE Seafood. Is there no food in NE other than seafood? If it is all about seafood that is a lot less interesting to me. I can see her doing well, but I wouldn't be interested in the show.

Justin: He is a genius with motivation. I probably would't try anything he makes but find it fascinating to watch. He would be the first food network star (I think) focused on a young demographic.

Of course it doesn't matter what the producers say now, it is up to the viewers. I suspect that those that like Michelle might be "serial voters" and might push her through. Yvan could also have serial voters.

Justin is going to be on the food network regardless of whether he wins this show--he just has too much talent to discard. He is the only one of the 4 that could take on a typical Food Network Road Show and bring some credibility to the hosting job. I can think of a half dozen shows he could host. How about this: Same concept as Diners Drive-ins and Dives but focus only on places teens visit. Or only places that have "rebel" food. Or only places open less than 2 years. The possibilities are endless.
    Allie likes this.

Shoot, I didn't know that voting time was limited, I went to the site and it says Voting is Closed.

Oh well. I think Justin's got it. I'd be happy with Michelle winning too, because (as others have said) even if Justin doesn't win, he's not done with TV. Yvan is super nice, but I just think he's too young & green. Marti is just a Deen/Stewart wannabee.
    Allie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Shoot, I didn't know that voting time was limited, I went to the site and it says Voting is Closed.

Oh well. I think Justin's got it. I'd be happy with Michelle winning too, because (as others have said) even if Justin doesn't win, he's not done with TV. Yvan is super nice, but I just think he's too young & green. Marti is just a Deen/Stewart wannabee.
    I don't like Deen and I don't think Marti is as good as her. With her pilot, fast forward was my friend. I thought Justin and Michelle's were kind of similar in what I saw. She said she would try a recipe and put her spin on it. Justin did the same thing, only with a different hook and more creativity. I was surprised when she said she would try a dish and then make it her own. I wasn't able to watch the entire pilot but plan on watching the rest. Did you guys think it was even kind of similar after watching both of them fully?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I don't really care for Michelle, who reminds me of the love child Guy and Anne produced (and I don't really care for either of them).
    LOL. Perfect description. I like Guy on DD&D, and I like Anne, but I haven't warmed to Michelle.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    LOL. Perfect description. I like Guy on DD&D, and I like Anne, but I haven't warmed to Michelle.
    I do like Michelle, but I get what you mean about warming up to her.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I know! But I have a hard time getting over his ruby red lips!
    Yes! His make up was too over the top and too distracting. He looked like his make up artist got his/her credentials from Clown College.
    libgirl2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I.... I thought Justin and Michelle's were kind of similar in what I saw. She said she would try a recipe and put her spin on it. Justin did the same thing, only with a different hook and more creativity. I was surprised when she said she would try a dish and then make it her own. I wasn't able to watch the entire pilot but plan on watching the rest. Did you guys think it was even kind of similar after watching both of them fully?
    Taking a dish and putting his own spin on it is Justin's modus operandi, just as it was for Alton.

For Michelle it is just her way saying she is more than a New England cookbook.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    Taking a dish and putting his own spin on it is Justin's modus operandi, just as it was for Alton.

For Michelle it is just her way saying she is more than a New England cookbook.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Allie; 07-19-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Haven't been on FORT in a while...busy busy. Anyway, I'm upset Ippy was let go. He should have won it all!!!
    Allie likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

CCL

I actually think they all did fairly well apart from Michelle. Her anecdote about her nieces seemed forced and she said something about them biting her fingers off to get to the clams...it was a bit disconcerting.
    I liked Yvan's and I'd try the corn mac and cheese though I don't generally like creamed corn. One of the "star judges" said that Ippy had a sing-song speaking style but I would say that was more true of Yvan. It doesn't bother me though.
    When they had Alton's team last I knew that they were going to pull a fast one and have both people make pilots. I think Martie did pretty well in her spot. She didn't talk about decorating or drinks or anything, as she said, but her time was limited so...if she actually got a show I guess she'd be focussing on those elements as well.
    Still think it's Justin's to take but I didn't really think his pilot was that good, which surprised me. Maybe it was the fact he was so close to the screen when talking...it was a bit off. That said, I do like warm lettuce and I'd be all over that charred lettuce salad and aspic.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast