+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

7/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Well, true to form, one from Giada's team left tonight. And just so there couldn't be any confusion, two from her team had to do the Producer's Challenge.

I definitely agreed that Martita didn't do well, but I thought that Ippy was better than Nikki. She had the easiest challenge of them all...they disabled her blender...and she froze.

Next week, they all have to do promos...and they're getting rid of three of them.
    maude~flanders and sparklete like this.

Re: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Agree with the judges' choice of Martita but I can't wait for Nikki to be gone. I'm actually surprised she's still here.
    I think the final two will be Michelle and Justin. Not that I think they are better than the others but because they offer a unique personality or type that isn't on tv presently.
    Given the media's focus on gays at present time, Michelle would be a timely choice for this show. I think she's every bit as good as the others...actually, I think they're all pretty equal in cooking skills at this point and it really centers on their on-camera ability and uniqueness.
    I have no favorite among those left but any of them would be fine except for Nikki. For whatever reason, she's very jarring to me...nothing soothing, comforting, pleasant about her personality. She often seems a little angry at times. JMO
    Arielflies and sparklete like this.

I think we're going to see a final 3 this year, one from each mentor. Hopefully Nikki will be one of the three who gets dropped next week, leaving Bobby with Michelle.

Of Alton's (Martie and Justin) and Giada's (Ivan and Ippy) pairs, I have no preference.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Well, true to form, one from Giada's team left tonight. And just so there couldn't be any confusion, two from her team had to do the Producer's Challenge.

I definitely agreed that Martita didn't do well, but I thought that Ippy was better than Nikki. She had the easiest challenge of them all...they disabled her blender...and she froze.

Next week, they all have to do promos...and they're getting rid of three of them.
    They have to even them out.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Martie is a goner next week because they've been pimping Justin from day one. Sad as I will be to see him go, I don't think Ippy stands a chance against Yvan, and for the record, being laid-back should NOT be a handicap! Michelle reminds me too much of Anne, who reminds me too much of Guy, but I'd rather eat glass than listen to Nikki.

I foresee Justin (or Alton 2.0 as we call him) winning. I also foresee me NOT watching his show.

Hoping Ippy gets picked up by a local station in Hawaii . . . maybe the Chairman can flex some muscle while he's there filming Hawaii 5-0 (they haven't killed him off yet, so you know his part isn't over)!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I see Justin for the win.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

I do, too. They didn't mention him getting snippy during the line up with the heckler on the last two interruptions. I really enjoyed Marti's presentation. For once, her good ol' girl personality was able to chatter over and around the limitation. At least she has personality, even if the Network already has Paula Deen.

I think Nikki, Ippy and maybe Ivan or Anne being the three sent home next week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I do, too. They didn't mention him getting snippy during the line up with the heckler on the last two interruptions. I really enjoyed Marti's presentation. For once, her good ol' girl personality was able to chatter over and around the limitation. At least she has personality, even if the Network already has Paula Deen.

I think Nikki, Ippy and maybe Ivan or Anne being the three sent home next week.
    Marti was quite enjoyable last night.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I think we're going to see a final 3 this year, one from each mentor. Hopefully Nikki will be one of the three who gets dropped next week, leaving Bobby with Michelle.

Of Alton's (Martie and Justin) and Giada's (Ivan and Ippy) pairs, I have no preference.
    Oh, geez...now that you mention it, it seems so obvious that there will be one finalist from each mentor. Dang. My top 3 would be Justin, Ippy, and Yvan.

Last night was the first time I've enjoyed a presentation by Marti - I usually find her annoying. Michele just doesn't resonate with me for some reason. Nikki grates on me.

Yvan was in the background for me for quite a while, but lately I've really enjoyed watching him. I've liked Ippy from the beginning - I've never really understood the "laid back" critique. Justin is surprising. I loved the fish bones he cooked - I'm thinking about trying it and serving them to my brothers (who love to fish). But even if I never try the recipe, I learned that fish bones can be edible (and tasty).
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Nikki grates on me.
    She grates because she is ... "the grill next door!"
    Allie, cubsfan55 and Dragonlady like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast