+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: 7/8 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I knew they would even out the teams again. It is kind of annoying that they are doing this. I agree that we will have one finalist from each mentor, and Justin will probably win. He is unique, so as long as he doesn't act like a jerk, he can probably get the votes. I didn't like him from the beginning because of what a complete a-hole he was to his then-girlfriend on 24 Hour Restaurant Battle. But, he's been nicer on this show. Maybe they are giving him a better edit.

I'm usually here only for the DWTS thread, but have been watching this show so will add my two cents.

I agree that the most likely final 3 is Michelle, Justin, and Yvan (sp?). I liked the 50's woman and would have voted for her over any of these.

When does the viewer voting happen....once we are down to three, or when we are down to two?

Given that each of these stars have completely different target audiences I'm surprised that the network will allow the fans to pick the winner. Maybe this is a reaction to the fact that most of the winners of this show don't work out so well. I think the only previous winners that I watch are Guy and the sandwich guy. Maybe they hope to get better ratings if they let the fans pick.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    <snip>When does the viewer voting happen....once we are down to three, or when we are down to two?

Given that each of these stars have completely different target audiences I'm surprised that the network will allow the fans to pick the winner. Maybe this is a reaction to the fact that most of the winners of this show don't work out so well. I think the only previous winners that I watch are Guy and the sandwich guy. Maybe they hope to get better ratings if they let the fans pick.
    According to what they said the other night, next week all 6 create promos, 3 move on, and voting starts. (I'll be on vacation, so I'm probably going to miss this part.)

If Nikki were the grill next door I'd probably move. Can't stand her or Martie and I don't like Justin, either. I don't forsee myself watching any of their shows.
    mushybrain, wannasee and sparklete like this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    If Nikki were the grill next door I'd probably move. Can't stand her or Martie and I don't like Justin, either. I don't forsee myself watching any of their shows.
    Justin, while original, comes off as a bit smug and quick to temper. I like Ippy, Yvan and Michelle, but I don't see them winning.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Regular

I would watch Ippy, Yvan or Justin. Can't stand the other three and wouldn't watch them. Of the previous winners, I watch Melissa (10 Dollar Dinners) and Jeff (Sandwich King). Their shows are unique and the POV is different than anything else on the network. But my overall favorite from previous seasons is Adam, who scored with hosting some of their non-cooking shows and Jeffrey, who is on the Cooking Channel. This may explain why I like Justin - LOL - as he reminds me a lot of Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by reneemac View Post
    I would watch Ippy, Yvan or Justin. Can't stand the other three and wouldn't watch them. Of the previous winners, I watch Melissa (10 Dollar Dinners) and Jeff (Sandwich King). Their shows are unique and the POV is different than anything else on the network. But my overall favorite from previous seasons is Adam, who scored with hosting some of their non-cooking shows and Jeffrey, who is on the Cooking Channel. This may explain why I like Justin - LOL - as he reminds me a lot of Adam.
    I like Jeff Mauro (Sandwich King) and watch Kelsey's Essentials on the Cooking Channel. I like Sandwich King, its interesting and neat to see what he comes up with. Kelsey is quite informative on her show and her food looks yummy.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

As much as I'd like to believe the competition is honest...the Powers That Be MUST have a plan in place (prob starting with the actual selection of all the orig contestants). I won't believe that they'd pick (hypothetically) the 18th Mexican, Italian, down home country, etc etc show, even if that person was the best contender. They have to have an idea of what age demographic, type of food, etc etc they need on the network's roster.

In the past seasons, there has alway been a clear top 2 or 3...with the rest being woefully terrible. You KNEW Guy Fieri was in. Jeff the Sandwich King was a standout from the jump. Same with Aarti (personality plus she filled an empty Indian food niche). And the some of the second tier group got some appearances on other shows.

I agree...the frontrunner is Justin, with Ivan close behind. Marti? meh, the poor man's Paula Deen. Ippy? Yechhhhh. Let's see if the network gives it to the hipster from Bkln (even tho they know his appeal is limited).

FORT Fan

The balancing out of teams is annoying. I agree that the Powers That Be probably have a plan in place. I don't really care who wins at this point. I suppose Yvan is probably my favorite of who is left, but I'm not sure I'd watch any of their shows.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Clearly rigged. They all have 2 contestants left? Come on! Why not just say that at the start?
    cubsfan55 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast