+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

  1. #1
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,240

    7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    It's Deen time! Let's see how long ago it was taped, since Paula just revealed pics of her weight loss this week...

    Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  2. #2
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    1,926

    Re: 7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Nikki is still there. Michelle really screwed up with the crab shells. And Malcolm is gone.

  3. #3
    All Summer-y Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Posts
    19,161

    Re: 7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I laughed so hard when Paula and a couple of others swallowed Justin's spicy corn soup. The looks on their faces.

    Each TV 30 sec tip seemed to go all right, except for Malcolm who is still trying to find himself TV personality-wise. Poor Michelle and the crab shells, but at least she is showing more of how her show could be produced.

    This was a fun episode, if only to see nattily suited Alton tromp through the sand.
    sparklete likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  4. #4
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,790

    Re: 7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I cheered when Ippy and Martita mentioned about kids eating what adults eat. Too many times food is dumbed down for kids or they are served the proverbial chicken nugget.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  5. #5
    Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    NC coast
    Posts
    3,439

    Re: 7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I did too libgirl2 . . . . that's how I was raised and that's how we raised our daughter. She's an only child and the rule was "one bite for everybody at the table". She gladly would have eaten Marti's goat cheese, but would have turned her nose up at the cream cheese. If you never give the kid the opportunity to try the food - just because YOU think they aren't going to like it, then guess what - they're gonna grow up eating nothing but pizza and mac&cheese. What a horrible existence!
    Florimel likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

  6. #6
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,790

    Re: 7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I did too libgirl2 . . . . that's how I was raised and that's how we raised our daughter. She's an only child and the rule was "one bite for everybody at the table". She gladly would have eaten Marti's goat cheese, but would have turned her nose up at the cream cheese. If you never give the kid the opportunity to try the food - just because YOU think they aren't going to like it, then guess what - they're gonna grow up eating nothing but pizza and mac&cheese. What a horrible existence!
    My son actually ate sushi before me when he was about 8! We always said just try it and see if you like it. He would have eaten the goat cheese too! I see too many parents rushing to get McNuggets or the like instead of having them eat what is being served. i remember my cousin's daughter's communion party. they had a guy in to cook different kind of pastas.... absolutely yummy, my son ate a huge plate of a veggie pasta. what did the girl eat? Her mother ran and got McDonalds for her!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  7. #7
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    1,364

    Re: 7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    How did Marti make it out of the bottom when she didn't finish her tip??? Don't care how good her food was, or emotional she was with the Deens, she should have been made to prove she should be there!!

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey libgirl2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    6,790

    Re: 7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    How did Marti make it out of the bottom when she didn't finish her tip??? Don't care how good her food was, or emotional she was with the Deens, she should have been made to prove she should be there!!
    I predict each team will be down to one contestant each and they will compete against each other for the final. Now why Marti stayed, they are trying real hard to keep her around. Malcolm doesn't fit in anywhere, he was a goner.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

  9. #9
    FORT Fanatic mushybrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    698

    Re: 7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I predict each team will be down to one contestant each and they will compete against each other for the final. Now why Marti stayed, they are trying real hard to keep her around. Malcolm doesn't fit in anywhere, he was a goner.
    Yup. And next week someone from Giada's team will be eliminated. It's pretty formulaic.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

  10. #10
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    1,926

    Re: 7/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

    I've always fed my son the same food we ate. (However, he was allowed to make something else after he tried what I made, if he didn't like it.) I accomplished two things: he tasted a variety of different things, and he learned how to fend for himself (even if it was cereal or a sandwich).

    At 15, he still won't eat tomatoes ;-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.