+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 6/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 6/24 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'm so disappointed that Emily was eliminated.....yes, she needed help with her POV, etc but I thought she had a lot more going for her than Martita or Marti.
    Martita is too one-dimensional....all Mexican, all the time.........Personally, I think Nikki is lacking in a lot of areas. I thought Emily had a great and different style to offer. Maybe being older, I think she probably could have offered new/modern takes on '50's cooking. Not everything was TV dinners, jello or Tuna Surprise.
    Kip and wannasee like this.

I much preferred EMily to Nikki. Too bad. And I agree that the judges just don't get Ippy.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Another thing that is annoying me about the judges is that they want all of these people to tell them their deepest, darkest secrets to stay. It's almost gotten to a creepy place where they have to make the judges cry to get to stay in the competition. Does it really make a better COOKING show if the person had a traumatic experience in the past? I feel bad for them, and I'm glad they are okay, but it really doesn't apply to their cooking ability. I felt like that was the reason Emily left, and not Nikki. She didn't want to air her dirty laundry for the judges' kicks.
    Kip, Little Sew&Sew and sparklete like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Totally agree Maude. It's like you can't be a tv chef if you haven't had a rough childhood. I am sure (snark) that Giada has some heart-wrenching moments of despair (snark) from her childhood. Whatever.

They've practically been giving the crown to Justin since half-way thru the second episode. His only marketable quality - as I see it - is that there's not really anyone like him (except for Alton).

No idea why they've kept some of the others (Marti, Nikki and Martita) around for so long. I see no appeal in any of them and they certainly don't bring anything NEW to the table.

Hard to believe that Martita can stand there - doing nothing built smiling like she's brain-dead - for one-third of the given time, but it was Emily who went home.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Totally agree Maude. It's like you can't be a tv chef if you haven't had a rough childhood. I am sure (snark) that Giada has some heart-wrenching moments of despair (snark) from her childhood. Whatever.

They've practically been giving the crown to Justin since half-way thru the second episode. His only marketable quality - as I see it - is that there's not really anyone like him (except for Alton).

No idea why they've kept some of the others (Marti, Nikki and Martita) around for so long. I see no appeal in any of them and they certainly don't bring anything NEW to the table.

Hard to believe that Martita can stand there - doing nothing built smiling like she's brain-dead - for one-third of the given time, but it was Emily who went home.
    While a back story is always interesting, I am more interested in the cooking! But they want a star, not necessarily a chef/cook, thus we have these tragic back stories, requests to be peppier. When they kept pushing about the "stories to make it more personal" I wanted to scream! While there is nothing wrong with an interesting anecdote etc about a recipe, why does it have to "relate" to them?? So if, God forbid, Emily had been abused as a child that would make me want to eat her dish? Geeshhh! I am so tired of having to know everything!

Martita is nothing out of the ordinary. I grew up with Mexican/ Hispanic food and I'm not overtly impressed.

I like calm and Ippy would be interesting. I don't watch some of these shows because they are so hyper or have lots of "personality." Don't smile so much at me! I don't want chipper in my kitchen! lol And plastic bores me. I think I am cranky tonight.
    sparklete likes this.

Totally agree with the above posters and the judges' need for some deep painful story....that's ridiculous. I think it's interesting to hear a story about a recipe with the chefs but I have soap operas if I want deep painful stories!!
    This is what I need to know: Does Justin wear lipstick???
    And sometimes I think Ippy does also........is it my TV?
    Neither of these guys seem like the type to wear lipstick.
    I'm very confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Totally agree with the above posters and the judges' need for some deep painful story....that's ridiculous. I think it's interesting to hear a story about a recipe with the chefs but I have soap operas if I want deep painful stories!!
    I'm very confused.
    I think they just have really red lips, especially Justin.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

I honestly think the show isn't about making the next Food Network star anymore. I think this show is a hit in its own right and all they care about is having the most drama on the show as possible. If a new star emerges then that is a benefit but I don't see them trying to hard. Knowing the backstory of a "chef" only matters if the reason the person is a hit is because of their personality and not their cooking (i.e. Guy) If someone can pull off both, there is no reason to care about the person's backstory.
    maude~flanders likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm very confused.
    I really think Justin does. The hubby and I joke about it every week when we watch the show. I know Alton actually asked him about it in an earlier episode and he claims its lip balm but I think its lip stick. His lips are just way to red.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast