+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Rembrant
  • 2 Post By MFWalkoff

Thread: 6/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

6/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Food court challenge! They have to crank out 150 dishes for shoppers on the go. Iron Chef Zakarian is a judge and the secret ingredient is...

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 6/17 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Well, that was monumentally stupid and outright infuriating. Linkie had been overall more consistent, more likeable, and more versatile, because she could cook savory food as well as her desserts. And her "POV" was so simple yet effective, a dessert show. The Food Network currently has no shows about cooking desserts, so it was perfect. Honestly, her confidence was her only problem, and her stumble this week was due to an unfamiliar recipe, but I felt that was no reason to kick her out, because she showed before that she can follow advice and overcome those obstacles. I was so angry hearing Bob say her presentation was not clear. It was using a personal story to show how you take simple ingredients and elevate them into something awesome, how much easy to understand can you get? Not to mention that she was dealing with an ingredient that had nothing to do with her dessert POV, so I personally think she did a really nice job with what she was given. What more can you ask from a person?

Nikki, on the other hand, had so far been fake, unlikable and unrelatable from the very start of the competition, and I hate how they saved her because she just started to show some personality this week, whereas Linkie had been showing it from the start. What infuriates me the most is I remember the first thing Nikki did after introducing herself was bash Linkie, so to have her picked to stay over Linkie leaves me with a gross taste in my mouth. Ugh, now I'm gonna be angry all night...

I think the judges already have their final five in mind (Ippy-Justin-Emily-Michelle-Martie), so who goes when among the rest doesn't seem to matter much to them. But they should give Martita 6th out of consideration to her, since she's obviously better than Martie.

Nikki is too fake, and Malcom is a great cook but not a good TV personality. Yvan just isn't ready. Linkie should have stayed longer, but on-camera nerves are always a fatal flaw on this show if they don't show progress from week to week. It's too bad -- maybe she'll turn up on TV somewhere else.
    Shoepie and mindy384 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I knew Linkie was out of there when I saw that dessert.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Rembrant, I hear your pain! The outcome really seemed pre-determined. Giada still had 4 people, so it was probably an easy decision to eliminate Linkie to even things out among the teams.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I knew Linkie was out of there when I saw that dessert.
    I knew she was gone when I saw that there were 4 on her team and the others had 3. Can't have uneven numbers for too long. This whole thing is so manufactured, they already know who they want in the finals.

I predict Justin in the final with Grill Girl and Martita. Not because I like them, I actually like Ippy and Ivan (or however he spells it) but they don't stand a snowballs chance of making it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I think the final 3 will be Michelle, Emily and Justin...basing this on their "quirky-ness" qualities and cooking ability, which is what they're looking for.....none are great on camera but I think they can help them develop those skills. I just think having someone who's got something that different from any ol' run of the mill person and these 3 have it.

+ Reply to Thread