+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 6/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

6/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The contestants get to imagine what they would do for a holiday/event special for their show.

Who will deck the halls and who will be the ghost of Christmas past?

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 6/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Thought it was hilarious when Guy told Bobby's team they'd be cooking food that's served at a wake.

I don't get the judges' love for Marti.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I don't get why Marti made it through, either. The judges feel she comes across warm on the camera, but I find her annoying. She is dumb as dirt, and totally threw Emily under the bus in their challenge. She just annoys the crap out of me!

I don't get the Marti love either. She just keeps blabbering on and on about nothing. Shut up already! It's interesting to watch Alton's body language with her, as compared to when he is conversing with his other team members. I don't think he likes her any more than most of the viewers do .

Justin moved up in my book. It was surprising that a kid from NY would know that we Nebraskans refer to ourselves as Cornhuskers !

Emily is another of my favorites, but she needs to stop with the "retro rad". She must have said it 3 times in her on camera 60 second demo. That will get old really fast hearing that tag line over and over and over....

Michelle (the blond lady on Bobby's team) did so much better this week! It was fun watching her with Guy F. She really held her own with him.
    mindy384 likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Emily is perhaps my favorite of the bunch and even I had had enough with the over-used 'retro rad' stuff. Once and done sweetie!

If they are intent on keeping Marti, they need to be prepared to give her a one hour show cuz 30 minutes just ain't gonna cut it. The Pioneer Woman can do what Marti can do in a fraction of the time and she's far more enjoyable. Really not sure how Bob & Susie came to the conclusion to keep her and send Judson home.

Still don't get the love for Justin. He reminds me of Marcel from Season Two of Top Chef. Comes across as an annoying know-it-all.

Did anyone else but me NOT know that Alton was a fatty in his younger days?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I've decided that the judges already have a certain type of chef in mind that they want for the schedule, which is the only reason Marti keeps surviving. That was just a wrong, stupid decision on their part.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm with everyone about Marti. Not digging her at all. Judson was on my nerves, but I really wanted her to go instead. I think Judson should have one more chance now that he seemed to be finding his way. But this week should have been Marti.

I liked the challenge this week. I thought the Halloween team was going to rock the house, but they flopped big time.
    NFL1 likes this.

I when Alton told Marti that she wouldn't disappear in a wisp of smoke if there was a moment of silence. It is pretty obvious that she annoys the crap out of him too. And for the life of me I can't understand why TPTB seems to dig her (unless they are keeping her around for some potential drama since she can't seem to shut the (you know) up); they mentioned that she was sort of like Paula Deen but Paula is at least oddly entertaining and really the "inviting Southern," Marti is more of that "annoying Southern" that people tend to stereotype :/ . And, Paula has somehow found a way to use Butter in every dish on earth...so she's doing crazy things...

As for the POV crap, if thats such a biggie then they need to recognize that most of these 'on the face' are completely unworkable. For example, party foods (Marti) is both overly broad and narrow: it is not focused enough since their is no specialty, niche or feature behind it (aka Italian, Advanced, Desserts, Speedy etc...) and too narrow based on the fact that folks don't throw parties too often--so they won't need the show daily (or even weekly) and therefore it's a silly decision to take-up a recurring timeslot. If you don't have a workable pitch that people can generally incorporate into their daily lives then you probably won't have a big audience.

For me, I really like cooking shows but I basically just watch Giada (Im not familiar with Italian but I love incorporating it into our weekly meals) and a few of the ones that feature quirky stuff (like Chuck's Day Off) since they are interesting, informative and usually present something new that I can try at dinner. We also watch Bobby Flay from time to time because he is also giving us tips for the grill. At the end of the day, I don't think there are many finalists that I would actually tune in for with the exception of:

Justin (his stuff is crazy and he is interesting--could actually be good tv with a personality to carry the show)
    Ippy (I'd love to incorporate another type of food that is tasty from an expert!)
    Martita (Again, a new type of food...however, her personality bothers me just a bit)
    Eric (clearly an expert who I could have learned some advanced methods from..big mistake knocking this guy off because he had a clear niche for folks wanting to explore and try their hands at executing more difficult dishes (and they raved about how delicious they were)).

Did anyone else find it odd that they didnt' show the judges trying the food that the bottom team made?? I saw it sitting there after they showed their 1 minute spots, but they obviously edited it out when they ate it and critiqued it. I find this just a bit irritating because the whole point of the show is to find the Next Food Network Star and that person needs to be able to be comfortable in front of the camera and be able to make good food and they didn't show whether or not the judges even liked the food! I really wanted to know if Judson went home over Marti because his dish wasn't that great or if Marti's drama-filled mushroom was better than it looked. That woman sure doesn't know how to plate food- that's for sure!
    mushybrain likes this.

Marti is kept around because they want another Paula Deen.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast