+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: 6/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 6/10 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Marti is not even in the same league as Paula Dean.

Surely they could find someone with that "folksy charm" they are looking for that also can prepare delicious looking food. Marti's food is just thrown on the plate last second, it looks terrible. They need to send this woman home.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If you want folksy charm, you've got Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) and Trisha Yearwood (Mrs. Garth Brooks). Marti is a sad clone for either of them.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    If you want folksy charm, you've got Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) and Trisha Yearwood (Mrs. Garth Brooks). Marti is a sad clone for either of them.
    Oh I agree... but every season you can just get the feeling of what they want... sometimes it works, sometimes not as they finally have to admit defeat with some contestants that they just aren't that good.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Marti's days are numbered. I think it was a toss up on who to eliminate. I really don't think they kept her for any reason. She was the lesser of the evils. Judson teared up at the mention of having to talk about being fat. Kiss of death for him because it was obvious he could not go there.

Emily must stop saying retro rad. The judges have warned her several times about not being authentic. She intrigued me at first; now I find her annoying.

It is interesting to see Altons edges! His long hug with Marti at the end was shocking after watching him be so irritated with her. She did better than he expected, so that is why, but still. I agreed with Suzi; she is still cramming too much information into her presentations.

Martita does not interest me. Her style of cooking is everywhere you turn and very easy to make. A quesadilla? Really? Who doesnt make them with all kinds of ingredients. It is the Mexican grilled cheese sandwich.

Michele remains my favorite. I was glad to see her back. She is a VERY accomplished chef. I have known about her for years. I would watch a show of hers. And that is a strong statement because I don't watch any cooking shows! Only competitions.

Ippy is another stand out for me.

Justin intrigues me. I want some fried sardine bones! I really do. I am not sure he can win but this exposure will certainly bring him something good. He has to become more welcoming yet keep his edge. That is a tall order; Alton has done okay with that, though.

Niki has got to go and she will.

I would love to see Malcom improve; I like him.
    sparklete likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

For the life of me, I can't remember who Malcolm is (bad sign!) and I'm too lazy to google him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    For the life of me, I can't remember who Malcolm is (bad sign!) and I'm too lazy to google him.
    He's the one with the dreads.

Perhaps they're keeping Marti to be one of the final "normal" ones.....but she won't win. One of the quirky ones will definitely win.
    They seem to want really quirky and there's a few of those there.
    Martita drives me nuts...just don't like her. I'm not sure she can cook anything that's not Mexican. But maybe that's what they're looking for. Maybe due to the increased population of hispanics. I don't know but still think Marti is just a filler.
    Also, I didn't know Alton was heavy either.
    I looked him up and it said he lost 50 lbs by changing his way of eating in 2009. That doesn't seem like a huge amount of weight to me.
    He's got a fascinating history...one of the geniuses that can do so many things.
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 06-15-2012 at 01:06 AM.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I've had enough of "folksy charm" on cooking shows. I'm ready for something different. And, Martita doesn't seem to be doing anything different either. Emily is annoying me too. I just don't think that the retro rad thing is something I would do. I can already make meatloaf with some different ingrediants or mac and cheese with different cheese.

I also find Malcolm charming when he is on. I like Ippy the best still because I am interested in his food and he seems like a nice guy.
    Florimel likes this.

So far I like Justin, Malcolm and Ippy. Justin's view is so different! Malcolm is warm and inviting and knows how to cook. Ippy is sweet and charming and there is nothing like him on Food Network. The others can go.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I also really like Michelle and was glad to see she was a contestant. I would definitely watch her show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast