+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Ted Allen returns as the chefs take bland foods and make them fabulous for a crowd of fashionistas.

Enjoy the show!
    Allie likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 6/3 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

No posts???!!! (We watched The Glades, recorded Drop Dead Diva, and will catch this on the DVR later this week. So much for spoilers ;-) )

Good, fast episode.
    I was sorry to see the ones that were the bottom two (don't know if I can say here). And I think the judges made the right decision. I think the other one was too stuck in his ways and wouldn't be able to change the way the Network people wanted.

Alton's team pulled out a win. I really loved Justin & Emily's presentations -- this challenge was made for them. Since it took place on a runway, I was hoping one of the backstage people would help Justin with a better lip application.

I was sad at the bottom two -- Eric and Ippy have more to offer than several of the remaining chefs. Especially Eric, it was really bad that he got the boot -- he should still be there. I think Ippy could have his own show, but he won't get it by competing on this one. It's not in his nature.
    dzigner likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I haven't been a fan of Michele, but I really liked how she helped Eric when his rice paper wasn't working.

Loved Emily's presentation - and her food fascinator.

I'm sorry that Eric left. I would have like to see more of him.

While having teams might make for more interesting viewing, it also means that the bottom two might not be the worst two. If tonight's competition had been an individual competition, I think there would have been a different bottom two.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I can't believe they picked Ippy for the bottom two. Sometimes I think they are completely out of touch with what we would like to see in a show. I don't want Ippy to get all fake and phoney to please them, I want him to be what he is. And, the Hawaiian point of view is really unique. I know nothing about Hawaiian food and I would actually watch for the recipes.
    Kip, Florimel, Shoepie and 2 others like this.

I can see why they had a tough decision between the two. Eric was the superior chef, but on FN those are a dime a dozen. They are always looking for something unique, and I don't believe they have anyone Hawaiian on FN so his POV appeals to them. If they have to help him along to be more camera ready, I think they will do that. It's sort of like Aarti's season. I knew she would win from day one because her POV was one not featured on FN and it didn't hurt that she was great on camera. I'm not saying Ippy will win, but I don't think they are quite ready to say goodbye to him just yet.
    Shoepie likes this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I can see why they had a tough decision between the two. Eric was the superior chef, but on FN those are a dime a dozen. They are always looking for something unique, and I don't believe they have anyone Hawaiian on FN so his POV appeals to them. If they have to help him along to be more camera ready, I think they will do that. It's sort of like Aarti's season. I knew she would win from day one because her POV was one not featured on FN and it didn't hurt that she was great on camera. I'm not saying Ippy will win, but I don't think they are quite ready to say goodbye to him just yet.
    I can see why they had a tough decision between those two - I liked them both and would have chosen Ippy to stay as well. I just don't think they should have been the bottom two. I like watching Ippy. I liked the fact that Eric likes to make the various components of his dishes - like when he made the cheese for his lasagna - I'd like to learn to do some of that. On Giada's team, I would have preferrred to see the woman with long blond hair in the bottom two (Laki???). At this point in the show, I can't recall anything about her.
    maude~flanders likes this.

FORT Fogey

Eric is an excellent chef and belongs in his own or superior restaurant and he may get an offer to do just that. They are looking for a personality. Paula Dean is a good example of how the food is not as important! Last season either Flay or the head of the network said, we can teach them to cook but we can't teach them personality. Unfortunately I watch the food channel for the food, NOT the personality. I watch Alton from time to time and use FF liberally because his format/theatrics drive me nuts but I have learned many tricks from him and I have been an excellent cook for decades.

I would watch Eric, Michele and Ippy. I would run screaming from Nikki. What does Flay see in her? He is so full of himself; he announced his team had the best food out of everyone. Well, no, they didn't.

Emily is quirky and fun but I would find her forced and not that informative. I can take old classic meals from the 50's and make them current easily. That said, the demographic they are aiming for is the is younger viewer who may not know anything about this.

Right now I cannot even remember the others.

Marti should thank her lucky stars she was on the winning team, otherwise she should have landed in the B2 again.
    Her food looked like crap in a ring on a plate. It may have tasted dee-lish but the presentation was beyond terrible.

Sorry to see Eric get the boot, he seemed like a nice guy.
    maude~flanders likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast