+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 5/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 5/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'm glad Josh is gone, for just the fact that I'm soooooo tired of hearing that he's in a "rock band" and he's a "rocker."
    We get it, Josh....you were/are in a band.
    I think Alton is playing it so tough this season because maybe the network decided they needed a Simon Cowell or a Piers Morgan....the one grumpy judge.
    It seems just a little too scripted for me.
    Am liking this show...even though I really dislike Giada, but not liking someone is part of the fun.
    Shoepie and Allie like this.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Justin, Ippy and Eric...these three (one from each team) have become my favorites as of tonight's show. I wonder why they didn't have the same ingredients in the basket for each team - that would make it truly an individual competition, though I admit, boring for the viewer. Then, again, they were competing against their teammates.

I cracked up when Justin explained his tip about blowing off the extra powder sugar with a towel and the judges initially thought that it was smoke.
    So far I like those three and the blond, retro girl (Emily?). But, who knows? Sometimes contestants who start off slow, grow on me later.

Justin is always all over the place and yet his food always comes out good. I don't yet know if I'd like watching a show of his, but I'm always curious to see what he can do.

I would have been happy with any of the bottom three going home.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I don't like Justin from the start because of what a complete tool he was to his girlfriend on "24-hour Restaurant Battle". And, he's not winning me over on this show. His lack of actual food knowlege is astounding. To not know that he needed to unwrap the Hershey's Kisses or that it is easier to melt chocolate in a double boiler than a microwave is unforgiveable. He's too gimmicky for me and I really hope the FN people don't pick him thinking that he would appeal to their viewers of cooking shows.

Since we already lost one team member on Bobby's and Alton's teams I was sure it would be Giada's turn this week. I hope we don't see this all season....trying to keep the teams even by sending someone home that should stay.
    maude~flanders likes this.

True, I hope not either! It would be nice if Giada loses her whole team, making her presence each week unnecessary! lol!
    libgirl2, FireWoman and Allie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    True, I hope not either! It would be nice if Giada loses her whole team, making her presence each week unnecessary! lol!
    Allie likes this.

I don't dislike Giadia's personality. She was raised in a very prestigious show business family and it shows. I really don't mind any of the mentors except that that I feel I've seen enough of Bobby Flay. He's everywhere.

I would probably watch an Ippy show because I like his personality and his smile and his cuisine would appeal to me and would be different from what's already on the air. The last thing I need is yet another Latin cuisine show, whether it be Southwestern, Mexican, Spanish or South/Central American. I enjoy a little heat from horseradish, but not from chili peppers. I think we also have enough Italian cuisine shows even though I love and cook Italian dishes.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I like Ippy too. A Hawaiin style cooking show would be interesting to me. I'd watch it.
    Allie and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

So far I like Ippy and Michele.

They seem to be pronouncing Giada as Ja-da not Gee-ah-da. I am I hearing correctly? Both pronunciations are listed as correct with Ja-da listed first which usually means prefered.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I like Ippy too. A Hawaiin style cooking show would be interesting to me. I'd watch it.
    Me too, it would be a change from the usual shows.
    maude~flanders and Allie like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast