+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 5/13 Premiere Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

5/13 Premiere Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

The rest of the known universe is watching certain "finales" tonight but let's see how this new format for NFNS shakes out.

The Next Food Network Voice Star? We'll see...

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 5/13 Premiere Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I planned on popping into it and seeing if I liked the new format, but Sherlock was on.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Regular

Not sure how I like the new format for this show. I do like that Bob and Susie are the only judges this year. And I don't care for Michelle on Bobby Flay's team. I remember seeing her on an episode of "Chopped" and didn't like her there either. Bobby also has a woman named Nikki and she's reminding me alot of the infamous Penny.....

I put this on DVR and I've watched it now. I'm not sure whether or not I like it either, but I'll watch some more to see. I've had my fill of Bobby Flay, but I do love Alton Brown and the way he chose his team by having them teach him how to make bananas foster.
    FireWoman, Shoepie and Allie like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

To the Point

Guess I'm the odd duck because I THINK I like the new format. Time will tell.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by reneemac View Post
    Not sure how I like the new format for this show. I do like that Bob and Susie are the only judges this year. And I don't care for Michelle on Bobby Flay's team. I remember seeing her on an episode of "Chopped" and didn't like her there either. Bobby also has a woman named Nikki and she's reminding me alot of the infamous Penny.....
    Is Michelle the blonde with short hair? I recognized her from somewhere, but couldn't think where.

I like the new format so far. At the very least, having 3 teams makes it easier to remember some of these people (it's easier for me to remember 3 groups of five than 15 individuals.)

Quote Originally Posted by reneemac View Post
    bobby also has a woman named nikki and she's reminding me alot of the infamous penny.....
    noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I have to agree with the "had my fill of Bobby" comment.. I can not stand him, and same with Giada. Alton on the other hand, love him!

I think the right person went home.. she was out of place on his team.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Thank you for starting this thread...was hoping someone would.
    I enjoyed the first show and am ready to accept a new format...sometimes you have to mix things up for viewers to stay tuned.
    I'm not yet at the "had too much Bobby Flay" position but Giada drives me absolutely batty. Can't stand that woman...and think it's really strange to have a star "chef" on a food show who's so skinny you know she doesn't eat anything....yes, some people have really active thyroid/metabolism....this isn't the case....I'd bet a gillion bucks that she is a non-eater.
    Alton Brown is so fantastic...so intelligent. Love him.
    Allie likes this.

FORT Fogey

The new format may make for a more interesting show, not sure yet. We will get to know them better, as will the judges.

Nikki, on Flay's team, has no charisma and I find her irritating. I am stunned that Bobby liked her.

Michele has been on a couple of reality cooking shows. I like her. She is a very accomplished chef.

Alton Brown is a favorite of mine and schooling his team to teach is an excellent approach.

I am not a Flay or Giada fan.
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast