+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 5/13 Premiere Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: 5/13 Premiere Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I'm not overly saturated with Bobby Flay because the only show of his I enjoyed watching was "Throwdown" - oh, yeah, and that show where the contestants tried to win a restaurant. And I see him on Iron Chef, though I don't watch that much any more. He seems like a nice guy and has a good sense of humor.

I've never cared for Giada. I'm not sure why. And ever since one of my brothers called her "Bobblehead", that's all I can think of when I see her.

I like Alton and appreciate his knowledge. But I don't like his schtick on his cooking show.
    maude~flanders and sparklete like this.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

This format is similar to Worst Cooks in America where there are team competitions. In that respect it is not unfamiliar to me - in fact, Bobby was a mentor on that show this past season. I'm very new to cooking shows and cooking competitions, so I'm up for however they decide to present it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I admit I am not a G fan. Don't like the chefs she picked, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I've never cared for Giada. I'm not sure why. And ever since one of my brothers called her "Bobblehead", that's all I can think of when I see her..
    I can't trust or enjoy a cook who looks like she needs to eat but doesn't.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I can't trust or enjoy a cook who looks like she needs to eat but doesn't.
    Yes, I doubt she eats the foods she cooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Yes, I doubt she eats the foods she cooks.
    I prefer a chef who enjoys food and eats with gusto. Now, I'm not saying they need to be obese, but she is the extreme of thin!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I find Giada to be the least annoying of the three. Never have been a Flay fan. Alton is okay - unless he's going off on one of this wordy, scientific explanations about this-that-or-the-other-thing. I really don't care why tortillas taste better when you heat them, I just know they do and that's enough for me. If Giada could get over herself with her pretentious pronunciations, she'd be more likable.

Given a choice of eating a meal cooked by one of them, I'm eating Italian!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    If Giada could get over herself with her pretentious pronunciations, she'd be more likable.
    And for me gain a couple of pounds so I believe she actually puts the food in her mouth to taste it!

The contestants seem pretty okay so far. I'm automaticaly rooting for Linkie due to her pastry expertise. As for the ones I do not like, Nikki is a bore so far, very like Penny in that she's extremely overconfident and can't help but speak ill of others. Hell, the first thing she does after introducing herself is bash on Linkie! I want ehr out, asap. Josh is not one I like either, I can't understand why Giada liked him when he jumped on the counter during his audition. That alone turned me off of him and it's not gotten any better.

I actually do like the idea of mentors, it sounds reasonable for people with experience in their on shows to teach them the ropes. Sadly, I wish they could have found better ones. I used to like Bobby Flay, but overtime he's just gotten, I dunno, like smug or something along those lines, not as personable as he used to be. Alton Brown I have never liked. I like him as the Iron Chef announcer, but I don't like his show, and I especially despise him whenever he appears on this show. He comes across as so overbearing, demanding, and annoyed whenever it comes to contestants. Anything they do wrong, he acts like he's dealing with five year olds throwing a tantrum instead of adults who made a simple mistake. Not to mention his exaggerations, like last season when he said Alicia cried for like 20 minutes.

Giada, however, I'm fine with. I adore Giada, I adore her show, and I adore her recipes, I find them to be some of the easiest to make. I also like how she chose her recruits based on personality. If I don't like the personality, I will not watch the show, no matter how good they are at cooking. Hence why I enjoy watching Melissa and Aarti, but couldn't care less about Aaron and Guy.
    Florimel likes this.

I have never enjoyed watching Giada. She is my least favorite. Like Alton. Bobby is cocky for sure, but the food he cooks always sounds good. I like how Alton had his team tell him how to cook. that rock guy who jumped on the table is too much shtick. Couple of the people I like so far, but it is early.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast