+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 7/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

7/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

This week, challenges involving Palm Springs...and a basket.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 7/18 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

OK, I thought Brad playing Jimi Hendrix air guitar over his flambé was pretty cool.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Yay Brad. Love that boy. Glad Brianna was bounced. Hoping Serena will be next.

Sad to see Brianna go. I love that Brad found his SInatra niche and "Did it His Way". I think he needs to drop PRO angle and go with that little boy who turned outside toy into place to cook. That boy whose passion for food has been going strong since he was that little. The stories of his grandpa, etc.

I'm glad Brianna is gone. She didn't do much for me. Glad Brad won. He really made a turnaround this week. There was some shockers this episode. I was totally surprised how bad Aatri did.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I agree with NikkiJ

With the market so saturated with cooking shows, he needs something different, but I doubt "pro" is the way to go. I'd prefer for him to say "this is how the pros do it, but I'm gonna show you an easier way".

Glad Brianna is gone. If Serena is next, I'll be good with that, but if it's Herb going home, I won't complain.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I was surprised Herb didn't go before Brianna. Regardless, I think they already know what they are looking for.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3990953;
    I'd prefer for him to say "this is how the pros do it, but I'm gonna show you an easier way".
    Great idea - I don't like watching "Secrets of a Restaurant Chef" so seeing pro secrets, using every day ingredients or reinventing every day dishes would be great - I want those inside tips and secrets (I don't think Melissa has given enough in her show, not like she did on the Next Star competition).

Serena or Herb can go to me...if Herb tries the spanish/cuban flavors I'd want to see a little more of him, but I'm tired of Serena already...there's enough Italian around.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I thought Herb was going to get the boot, but I'm glad he didn't. I agree that there's enough Italian stuff around, so Serena's show wouldn't be anything new. Even general cooking shows (30MM, Neelys, etc) cook Italian dishes sometimes.

I would love to see someone with a show about cooking Asian foods. There's one on the Cooking Channel, but not on Food Network.

I think Aarti is well-spoken and could probably have a show, but I'm not into Indian food. If that's going to be her angle, I probably wouldn't watch.
    Wake up and be awesome

While I haven't been a big fan of Brianna, she did appear to be an excellent chef. I did look forward to seeing her dishes. I'm not a big Herb fan as too much of his food seems hit or miss and his personality tends to get larger than life onscreen, which I do not at all like.
    Brad's dish did look very good, but I still don't find him very personable or watchable.
    Tom seems to be improving but I still find him difficult to watch onscreen, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast