Thread: 6/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

6/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Who's not watching True Blood?

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Re: 6/27 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I don't get HBO, so I'm watching this show.

I actually just tuned in so I'm not sure what is really going on. It looks like one group got assigned chicken dishes, another group got assigned a steak and mac and cheese dish.

ETA: The are recreating famous chefs favorite dishes. The third group is doing lamb and potatoes.
    Last edited by AshleyPSU; 06-27-2010 at 09:39 PM.
    Wake up and be awesome

Something odd is going on here....I have agreed with the judges each week. I still have not found one who I would want to watch weekly.
    There's no place like home!

The only one I think I'd watch is Brad, because I do think he's got the cooking chops and I find him easy on the eyes. :-) The others aren't really grabbing my attention yet. I liked Aria at first but now she's getting on my nerves. I'm so fickle.

The show just started here, why is Breanna cooking in strappy green heels?

And does Giada need her roots touched up, or is that the style now?

Can someone tell me who's going home tonight? I'd guess Paul, I think.

I think this Party is Aarti's to lose. Not only is she likeable and has a good speaking voice, she also cooks food that I don't think is featured on Food Network currently. Now that she has gotten some confidence, I think she will be hard to beat.

I didn't like Brianna at the beginning. I still feel very lukewarm on her, but the girl can cook. I think she needs to clean up her "look". The camera showed her at the beginning of the show cleaning her face with her hair tied up and I thought she was very pretty without all the make-up and the blonde streak in her hair.

I like Brad- he seems like he's a nice guy and I want for him to do well. He wears his grandfather's hat and he has yet to mention it to the camera or the judges. I think he needs to work that angle a little more.

Serena is far from my favorite, but I think she got a little hosed tonight. Everyone else got to do their interpretation of the dish they were required to make and so she made her grandmother's recipe for breaded/fried chicken. The judges really raked her not knowing the difference between breaded and fried. To her that was her version of fried chicken, just like Paul used pork instead of steak and Aarti made a skewer and not a leg of lamb. They didn't even say whether it tasted good or not, just that it wasn't right.

I like Aria, although she may have the ability to be overly 'happy' and grate on my nerves in a few episodes.

Paul is all over the place. I think he could be charming and funny, but he hasn't quite gotten there yet- he just seems a bit confused. I feel the same way about Tom, although I like his personality better than Paul's so far.

I'm not feeling the Herb love. I felt very badly for him tonight, but he hasn't been one of my tops.

Das never really stood out for me, so I think the judges made the right choice. He never warmed up to the camera or showed much personality- he seemed to spin his wheels from the get-go.

Sad to see Das go.

Das was the right choice to go, and Herb will be following soon after. They are both good chefs, but not all good chefs are cut out for the pressure and time constraints of competitive cooking. Or being on TV for that matter.

I hope Paul goes too, I don't think he will ever be able to shrink his ego down to fit inside the screen, even with HD. I'm also growing weary of Aria's almost forced "Sue Ann Nivens" style cheeriness. I want to see her break a chair...

I've been quickly becoming a Brad fan over the last few weeks. I hope he has a few more breakthroughs to get him more notice.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

To the Point

I really like Brad, however, he still needs to loosen up a bit in front of the camera. He is so likeable but you can see him freeze up the minute the camera comes on.

Aarti has grown on me and I do suspect that she will win.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Aarti has grown on me as well. Up until last night I was fairly certain that if Aarti won, I wouldn't watch her show -- only because whether it's Chinese, German, Mexican,or Indian cuisine, I rarely watch regional cooking shows because I'm not going to be cooking those things regularly. But I'd love to get the recipes for the dishes she made last night (I'll be checking the FN site for them.)

The biggest surprise to me is Brianna. I had discounted her early on, but she's getting stronger.

Aria's good, and likable enough on camera, but for me, I don't think she's distinctive enough that I'd watch her show.

Brad and Tom - I'm reserving my opinion on them to see how they develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3953370;
    Aarti has grown on me as well. Up until last night I was fairly certain that if Aarti won, I wouldn't watch her show -- only because whether it's Chinese, German, Mexican,or Indian cuisine, I rarely watch regional cooking shows because I'm not going to be cooking those things regularly. But I'd love to get the recipes for the dishes she made last night (I'll be checking the FN site for them.)
    I really liked Aarti and want her recipe too! She is pulling ahed of the pack in my eyes.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast