+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finale **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: Finale **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup;3634147;
    I was hoping that Jeffrey would have won. His concept of taking little known ingredients and using them in new Americanized ways is more appealing to me than Melissa. Her concept is not new and has already been covered in 30 minute meals and Semi-Homemade. Her 4-step chicken is not all that creative - I've been a 'mom' cook and been doing that method for YEARS
    I agree completely. I might watch Melissa's show if it's on, but I would TIVO Jeffrey's show -- much more interesting to me.

I can't understand why anyone would compare Melissa to Sandra Lee?
    Sandra Lee opens boxes of processed foods and buys clothes to match her tablescapes which always match her kitchen and her daily cocktails.
    Melissa, on the other hand, cooked dishes with a french flair, made terrific pastry and gives great kitchen tips. Melissa's cooking is the antithesis of Sandra Lee.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3634914;
    I can't understand why anyone would compare Melissa to Sandra Lee?
    Sandra Lee opens boxes of processed foods and buys clothes to match her tablescapes which always match her kitchen and her daily cocktails.
    Melissa, on the other hand, cooked dishes with a french flair, made terrific pastry and gives great kitchen tips. Melissa's cooking is the antithesis of Sandra Lee.
    I do not understand why Sandra Lee even has a show. Who changes their kitchen decor, dishes, and pots & pans to match to match whatever meal they are cooking? So idiotic.
    I would love to know what the budget is for that show, seems like a complete waste of money to me.

I guess I'm in the minority. Yeah, Melissa is perky, but I like her personality. Jeffery seems a bit milquetoast. Maybe you all cooked this chicken first or better, but her 4 steps makes it memorable and results in a FNshow. Brava Melissa!.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga;3635118;
    I guess I'm in the minority. Yeah, Melissa is perky, but I like her personality. Jeffery seems a bit milquetoast. Maybe you all cooked this chicken first or better, but her 4 steps makes it memorable and results in a FNshow. Brava Melissa!.
    I agree. I liked both Melissa and Jeffrey, but I was hoping for a Melissa victory. In terms of TV hosting personality, I think Melissa has Jeffrey beat by a mile.

I've been seeing commercials galore for her new show. It's called Ten Dollar Dinners.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3635058;
    I do not understand why Sandra Lee even has a show. Who changes their kitchen decor, dishes, and pots & pans to match to match whatever meal they are cooking? So idiotic.
    I would love to know what the budget is for that show, seems like a complete waste of money to me.
    I'm not sure why she has a show, either. But, I do know that a lot of people like her and FN needs to appeal to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga;3635118;
    I've been cooking for many years and I thought she did a great job of instructing everyone on this dish and sharing her cooking tips. She made it all seem very easy and I give her a lot of credit for that.

We could tell she was going to win because her profile at the beginning was a lot more detailed than Jeffry's. I do not like the "$10 Dinner" title, however. Is that supposed to be cheap? It is way more than I usually spend to cook a meal, so it is a turnoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;3641540;
    We could tell she was going to win because her profile at the beginning was a lot more detailed than Jeffry's. I do not like the "$10 Dinner" title, however. Is that supposed to be cheap? It is way more than I usually spend to cook a meal, so it is a turnoff.
    Didn't a contestant on another season have a similar theme? Parties on a budget or something like that?

I don't think it is hard to do a dinner for $10, but then there are only three people in my family.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast