+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finale **Spoilers**

Re: Finale **Spoilers**

I expected Melissa to win and was pleased when she won tonight.
    They both had pleasant personalities.
    In the end, it was about the food and as soon as I saw Jeffrey make a steak sandwich with a spicy mayonnaise and with an ingredient that most people had never heard of, I knew Melissa would win.
    There was a lot of drama this season, thanks to Debbie, but it was fun and I am looking forward to Melissa's show.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-03-2009 at 01:42 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

i think the judges were acting so fake when they were talking about jefferey's presentation

also i noticed jefferey never returned any compliments to melissa when she always spoke highly of him

btw, jefferey has a nice home, and both of them have great kitchen appliances... i love stainless steel, think he had viking/subzero appliances ?

congrats to melissa, i knew she would win... i still think though that jeff will pop up on food network, because that ingredient show would be interesting

FORT Fogey

Adam, the runner-up from last year is doing WILL WORK FOR FOOD on the Food Network

Premium Member

I'm happy Melissa won. I liked Jeffery as well, but I wouldn't watch his show because I have no interest in recipes that use unusual ingredients from other countries that I will never be able to get in Nebraska.

I was really excited to see the preview for Brian Boitano's show that starts on Aug. 23, "What Will Brian Boitano Make?" I'm sure the title is probably a takeoff on the Southpark song "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" He is one of my all time favorite figure skaters so I'll watch him do anything. I've met him in person and he was really nice and down to earth. The show looks like it will be fun.

FORT Fogey

I am thrilled at the Melissa win - I wanted to make the 4 step chicken that she made. Whenever has someone made something as lame as a sandwich for their finale/demo?? Why would they pick that?? Maybe if he used it in a real meal/dish...and an ingredient that the masses can eat/find (not SO spicy), maybe.

FORT Fanatic

I was hoping that Jeffrey would have won. His concept of taking little known ingredients and using them in new Americanized ways is more appealing to me than Melissa. Her concept is not new and has already been covered in 30 minute meals and Semi-Homemade. Her 4-step chicken is not all that creative - I've been a 'mom' cook and been doing that method for YEARS

Quote Originally Posted by baxpup;3634147;
    I was hoping that Jeffrey would have won. His concept of taking little known ingredients and using them in new Americanized ways is more appealing to me than Melissa. Her concept is not new and has already been covered in 30 minute meals and Semi-Homemade. Her 4-step chicken is not all that creative - I've been a 'mom' cook and been doing that method for YEARS
    Oh No you couldn't have, she said it was her own creation (insert sarcasm)
    There's no place like home!

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3634234;
    Oh No you couldn't have, she said it was her own creation (insert sarcasm)
    Very true....silly me for NOT having gotten a patent on throwing floured chicken in a pan with onions, liquid and a pat of butter!! However... I think the same method can be found in many many basic recipe books

Isn't that how you make old fashion fried chicken and gravy
    There's no place like home!

Do they have a name for her show yet? They had already named Aaron's before he even won!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast