+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Melissa d'Arabian

Re: Melissa d'Arabian

I was surprised a the name of her show. I thought it was going to be called something different. I actually do have last Sunday's show taped, so I'll be watching it today.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Everyone was surprised at the name of her show, as it wasn't what was originally discussed.
    FN has the last word on this, though,and I guess they figured that name / format would work best. They seem to do that whenever they premiere a new FN star.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I finally remembered that I had taped her first show and watched it last night.
    I think she did fine and will continue to improve her hosting ability over time. All of them improve as they get more comfortable.
    In the meantime, though, her food continues to amaze me. The potato, bacon and cheese torte looked mouth watering. And the tip about putting the dough on the rolling pin and then laying it in the pie shell was perfect.

FORT Fan

I hope someone can help me w/ this. During a challenge Melissa said to shredd frozen chicken before marinating it and it gives it a better flavor. Susie agreed. How do you shredd frozen chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3664933;
    I hope someone can help me w/ this. During a challenge Melissa said to shredd frozen chicken before marinating it and it gives it a better flavor. Susie agreed. How do you shredd frozen chicken?
    I've done it in a food processor. Frozen chicken cat be cut into smaller pieces and then you can use either a shredding disc or a think slicing disc.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3665191;
    I've done it in a food processor. Frozen chicken cat be cut into smaller pieces and then you can use either a shredding disc or a think slicing disc.
    Ok thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3665274;
    Ok thanks
    Whenever I do stir fry w. chicken, I freeze the chicken first. It is then extremely easy to slice by hand. I don't even need to put it in the processor. You could easily shred it this same way.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 08-17-2009 at 07:58 PM.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I have watched her first two shows and I think she will be really good. I can't wait to try to make the pie crust. I had no idea it could be done so easily!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3664933;
    It was the ginger! That was the part I liked. The rest was ho-hum. Oh, wait, was there a second show already? My DVR didn't find it.

I did not like it when she said "mm-mm-mm!" just like Rachel, and later said "notch" like Emeril. She is going to have to get her own schtick and catchphrase

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234