+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Melissa d'Arabian

Re: Melissa d'Arabian

I thought he had a pretty good hook for a show with the new ingredient/spice. I actually was in Whole Foods yesterday and saw some Harissa sauce and bought it based on his last dish. I hope I like it, it was $6.99......I didn't watch the whole season so based on the last episode I thought they would totally pick Jeffery because of the comments they were making about him, Melissa seemed good too, and her food looked good but I just thought since the mom thing has been a little "done that" they would go for something different, I was on here looking for why he didn't win and it appears he was boring on the other epi's. , lol... Also, guys like him puzzle me a little bit....but seems like a nice guy and good dad. I really didn't have a dog in this fight but it's fun to watch the finales of these reality shows. I'm up for watching every episode of DWTS though,

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;3636929;
    I thought he had a pretty good hook for a show with the new ingredient/spice. I actually was in Whole Foods yesterday and saw some Harissa sauce and bought it based on his last dish. I hope I like it, it was $6.99......I didn't watch the whole season so based on the last episode I thought they would totally pick Jeffery because of the comments they were making about him, Melissa seemed good too, and her food looked good but I just thought since the mom thing has been a little "done that" they would go for something different, I was on here looking for why he didn't win and it appears he was boring on the other epi's. , lol... Also, guys like him puzzle me a little bit....but seems like a nice guy and good dad. I really didn't have a dog in this fight but it's fun to watch the finales of these reality shows. I'm up for watching every episode of DWTS though,
    Actually, he didn't have that good hook -the FN did. His concept was cooking without borders. Up until the last show, however, the borders extended fairly narrow. Primarily, he used chiles, etc. All his dishes seemed to have a SW bent.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

When is Melissa's new show to be on?
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Melissa's show, by the way, is on Sundays at 12:30 PM.

The FN had a new show last night which talked about the history of the channel and how its evolved from its beginnings.
    It was very interesting to see some of the chefs in their humble beginnings and, of course, a lot younger. I had not seen / watched the FN in those days - it wasn't part of my cable lineup - so it was fun to see the retrospective. Since I don't look to this station for entertainment, which is what this station seems to be all about these days, I think I would have much preferred the FN back then. They actually focused in on the food then - quite a novel concept for this station.

Thanks for the info on Melissa's show, I'll look for it next Sunday. Also gonna go look for the show the history of FN and see if there is a rerun of that, it sounds interesting.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fanatic

I watched the first 5 minutes of Melissa's new show and had to change the channel. I don't know what it is...I just don't like her.

FORT Fanatic

I am really looking forward to the second episode of Melissa's show. I think it will be even better than the first.

Melissa is just so likeable.

I probably feel the same way about 80% of the people that are on the FN. There are very few I bother to watch anymore.
    What I did like about the FN look back show last night - that talked about the beginnings of the FN - it was much more about the food at that time. Too often, now, it's about the host and the food has taken a back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;3654994;
    Thanks for the info on Melissa's show, I'll look for it next Sunday. Also gonna go look for the show the history of FN and see if there is a rerun of that, it sounds interesting.
    It was called Chefography in case you have trouble finding it.

I would have loved to see the Iron Chef with Mario/Rachel and Bobby(?)/Giada.

FORT Fanatic

I was very disappointed that apparently they are only running Melissa's show on Sunday afternoons. I missed the first one and could not see where they are rerunning it, unlike other shows. Give her a good start out of the gate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast