+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeffrey Saad

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Jeffrey Saad

Jeffrey Saad
    Los Angeles, CA

Jeffrey, 42 (Los Angeles, Calif.), a California Culinary Academy graduate, has more than 25 years experience as a restaurateur, food consultant, recipe developer, and chef. He enjoys cooking without borders: combining flavorful and often unexpected ingredients to achieve simple, tasty dishes in no time. The married father of two owns a real estate brokerage firm with his wife and has a second degree black belt in martial arts.

Food specialty: Southwestern/Mexican, Italian, "Cooking Without Borders"

Favorite restaurant: Mozza in Los Angeles and Chasse et Pesche in Montreal

Three foods you can't live without (other than bread or water): Scallops, chocolate, and chiles

Food you won't go near: Nothing!

Weirdest thing you've ever eaten: Grasshoppers in Mexico

Interests:
    Wine, martial Arts, travel

Favorite Food Network chef: Alton Brown

Favorite shows (doesn't have to be Food Network): Good Eats and Kitchen Nightmares

Favorite food destination: Europe, for sure! If I had to pick I would say Italy. I love the clean, simple flavors of Italian food. Fresh mozzarella with tomatoes and basil, pasta with just olive oil, garlic and parmesan, perfect thin pizza crust, rich flavorful steak Florentine, and enough tempting gelato to give me an extra 5 lbs. every trip! These dishes have more flavor than you could ever imagine.

Culinary inspirations: The ingredients themselves; I love to really pay attention to what I am eating the taste, texture, weight and volume! When I taste a perfectly fresh in-season ingredient, flavors start racing through my mind of what combinations would be great for a delicious dish.

Three people, alive or dead, whom you'd like to invite to a dinner party: Johnny Depp, Barack Obama, and my father

Favorite books: The Art of Happiness (Dali Lama), The Greatest Salesman in the World (Og Mandino), The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Stephen Covey), Getting Things Done (David Allen)

Favorite movies: Nacho Libre, Wedding Crashers, Big Night, Babette's Feast, and too many others to remember!

Why do you think you should be The Next Food Network Star? I was born to cook, eat, teach and inspire. Food Network embodies all of those perfectly! I think I would have a better chance of living if you removed my heart versus my tongue!
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Jeffrey Saad

Bumping Jeffrey's thread up to the top since he is in the Final Three . . . and because he is my favorite of the remaining contestants.

I would NOT watch Debbie's show. Just wouldn't do it. Melissa . . . well, maybe . . . if she was cooking something for which I already had the ingredients. It's not that she talks too fast that bothers me, but it's her frantic repeating the same phrase (okay, okay, okay.....) that would send me over the edge and make me turn the channel.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Glad he made it to the top 2 two. Hope he wins!

Yeah, I also want him to win....

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Wishing Jeffrey luck . . . in whatever he may be doing after tonight's show.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Newbie

He gets my vote too. I'd watch his show. Anyone on the east coast wanna tell me who won?

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

His show premise is horrible! Bringing ingredients from other countries and making them the star of the dish? So what, we get to go searching specialty food shops to find these spices and pay a fortune for something that we may or may not like? I don't think so!

FORT Regular

So happy he didn't win. He seemed kind of fake.

I liked his show idea. At least where I live, unusual spices and ingredients are pretty easy to find. Even at Trader Joes. Cost can be a factor, but for a special treat I don't mind as much. It's fun to try new stuff. But I must admit I watch cooking shows more for entertainment than for recipes.

I'm disappointed that Jeff didn't win. I'd watch him. Momlissa and her annoying voice? Nope.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast