Jamika Pessoa
Atlanta, GA

Jamika, 30 (Atlanta, Ga.), a certified personal chef and businesswoman, loves exploring international cuisines in the kitchen. Family, friends, and clients rave about her bold twists on traditional dishes, especially those of her Caribbean heritage. Innovative style, sassy personality, and inspiring tenacity are Jamika's key ingredients to the magic she produces in the kitchen.

Food specialty: Caribbean cuisine

Favorite restaurant: I've been to tons of restaurants, but still have not been "wowed" enough to call one my favorite. Any suggestions? Your treat!

Three foods you can't live without (other than bread or water): Pizza, chocolate chip cookies and milk, wedding cake (I don't care whose wedding it is, I'm going for the cake).

Food you won't go near: Canned tuna, chitterlings, sardines
Weirdest thing you've ever eaten: Cuttlefish

Interests: Fashion, interior design, and traveling
Favorite Food Network chef: Tyler Florence and Paula Deen (I have to support a fellow Southern Belle)!

Favorite shows (doesn't have to be Food Network): The Real Housewives, Tyler Perry's House of Payne, and any reality show on VH1
Favorite food destination: Venice, Italy

Culinary inspirations: My grandmother

Three people, alive or dead, whom you'd like to invite to a dinner party: President Obama, Will Smith, and Oprah

Favorite books: Fabulosity by Kimora Lee Simmons

Favorite movies: Slumdog Millionaire, American Gangster, Little Miss Sunshine

Why do you think you should be The Next Food Network Star? I want to show the world how I do my thing up in the kitchen, and as far as I am concerned I can make anything taste and look fabulous!