+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3125979;
    Now see, to me, Lisa talks like Lisa. She may come across as snobbish, but i dont feel shes takling down to someone. She just taks what she knows and doesn't dumb it down. Yes, that IS snobbish, but not the same tone in her voice I get from Kelsey that makes it condescending.

Back to the show.....I don't think Lisa is, necessarily snobbish, but I think she can be snobbish when she wants to. She talks about what she knows, in terms that she knows, like you said. I think she would explain her terms if you asked her. And I Would Wear Her Out Asking Questions...again and again, and again!!! I really think she has improved immensely since the beginning. One thing I do know is that you don't want to dumb something down, since you don't really know what people may know and what they don't. That could be insulting to the person/people to whom you're talking. I've been caught in a situation like that before, and it can be very uncomfortable.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3127032;
    Back to the show.....I don't think Lisa is, necessarily snobbish, but I think she can be snobbish when she wants to. She talks about what she knows, in terms that she knows, like you said. I think she would explain her terms if you asked her. And I Would Wear Her Out Asking Questions...again and again, and again!!! I really think she has improved immensely since the beginning. One thing I do know is that you don't want to dumb something down, since you don't really know what people may know and what they don't. That could be insulting to the person/people to whom you're talking. I've been caught in a situation like that before, and it can be very uncomfortable.
    I agree she has improved. And I'd rather look something up than have someone talk down to me. I usually skip the dumbed-down shows. Now that doesn't mean that I like the ones to where they throw around as many technical terms as possible to show off.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3126969;
    Well, I totally understand that Kelsey is your favorite, but she should have been in the bottom 2 based on her demo on the RR show. She was condescending to RR ( a big No No ) and let RR do all the work. She may have won in prior episodes, but on last week's episode, she definitely deserved to be in the bottom. Sorry, but I just go by what I see on the screen.
    During the last judging they seemed to be giving Kelsey the message that while she wasn't leaving that night; she also had NO chance of winning this. I think that's the message she got too based on her reaction.

I like Rachel Ray, but Kelsey is hard to take with that voice and attitude and I doubt that RR is thrilled with her after the last ep.

Allie, I agree about the even numbered films and especially about the EVIL one. All of the movies had their moments, but the even ones were by far the best. I don't think the Romulan comments about Lisa are mean or disrespectful; just an observation. And a very funny one too. Who knows, she may be a Trek fan too.

FORT Fogey

This stinks!! I can not believe that they sent Kelsey home. She was far and away the most poised on camera. I know that she will end up successful though and look forward to keeping up with her career.

FN made a big mistake in letting her go and keeping that nasty Lisa.

Wow...I'm really shocked. I thought Kelsey had this in the bag - and rightfully so.

Guess I'll root for Aaron now.
    Love lives forever <3

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i'm disappointed too but she really didn't do as well as the others this week ... i'm rooting for aaron now.

This was a bad nite for my Sunday nite favorites - first Mikey V got booted from Design Star (also a big mistake IMO) and then Kelsey.
    Love lives forever <3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Shane and Kelsey....off they go to gain some life experience and maturity. Sounds good to me. Kelsey made toy food for a toy restaurant...almost Easy-Bake Oven, even.

Blew me away that Aaron's chicken parm got a much, much better review that Kelsey's chicken parm. How embarrassing! Her Munchkinland/Lilliputian proportions were unimpressive to the judges. I was very happy for Aaron, who had even forgotten to make her dish. Whoops!....There it is!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't think that there is one of the finalists that I would tune and watch. Lisa has the personality of a bee-atch, Kelsey (tho she is out) has one of those voices that sound like nails on a chalkboard, Adam is just a fool, no wonder his restaurant went belly up If he gets the new show, I suggest he wear a clown costume and do only circus foods like deep fried milkyways, deep fried "elephant ears" Corn dogs, and grilled hot dogs made with unknown meats. , and Aaron (when he does talk) makes little sense. Tho I do think Aaron is the best of the remaining four.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3128719;
    This stinks!! I can not believe that they sent Kelsey home. She was far and away the most poised on camera. I know that she will end up successful though and look forward to keeping up with her career.

FN made a big mistake in letting her go and keeping that nasty Lisa.
    I can and they made the right call, she needs to grow up a bit.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread