+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3125773;
    interesting. lisa is the one that comes across as condescending to me ... and i know i've said this before, but ... snobbish.

i adore rachael ray and love giggling along with her when she's doing her thing in the kitchen. i wish i could hire her to be my personal cook. but i like kelsey too ... and would be more likely to watch her for 30 minutes than lisa.

now as for the rest of them? hmm ... this is a tough call. i can't remember all of their names, but the black guy that made the pizza with the girl scout. i think i could enjoy watching him too. none of the others really stand out for me.
    I am not fond of Rachael Ray, I admit. But it makes sense that someone who enjoys watching her show would also like Kelsey.

The guy you are talking about is Aaron. I actually like him, too.

Lisa does not bother me. I kind of like her, but I admit to thinking Romulan everytime I see her. Which is cool, because i like Star Trek.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i can definitely see the resemblance there ... and i'm not even a trek fan (though my ex was)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3125773;
    interesting. lisa is the one that comes across as condescending to me ... and i know i've said this before, but ... snobbish.
    i adore rachael ray and love giggling along with her when she's doing her thing in the kitchen. i wish i could hire her to be my personal cook. but i like kelsey too ... and would be more likely to watch her for 30 minutes than lisa.

now as for the rest of them? hmm ... this is a tough call. i can't remember all of their names, but the black guy that made the pizza with the girl scout. i think i could enjoy watching him too. none of the others really stand out for me.
    Now see, to me, Lisa talks like Lisa. She may come across as snobbish, but i dont feel shes takling down to someone. She just taks what she knows and doesn't dumb it down. Yes, that IS snobbish, but not the same tone in her voice I get from Kelsey that makes it condescending.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3125790;
    I am not fond of Rachael Ray, I admit. But it makes sense that someone who enjoys watching her show would also like Kelsey.

The guy you are talking about is Aaron. I actually like him, too.

Lisa does not bother me. I kind of like her, but I admit to thinking Romulan everytime I see her. Which is cool, because i like Star Trek.
    Sorry for interrupting but I had to your Romulan comment. Every time I see Lisa onscreen I think of the Star Trek VI movie where Kim Cattrall played the Vulcan. Just slap a blonde wig on her and she would be a dead ringer...
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3125790;
    That's funny. In my house and at my office we call her "The Romulan".

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;3126166;
    Sorry for interrupting but I had to your Romulan comment. Every time I see Lisa onscreen I think of the Star Trek VI movie where Kim Cattrall played the Vulcan. Just slap a blonde wig on her and she would be a dead ringer...
    Let me geek out here for a sec:

Valeris (Kim Cattrall's character in ST VI) had a completely different style, used with a headband, straight bangs, shaved "sideburns" and a main body with fuller hair. She was also not blonde.

Lisa, OTOH, has the classic romulan pointed bang, longer hair in front of the ears and the entire effect is flatter and closer to the head. It's a romulan hairstyle.

Come to think of it... has anybody ever seen Lisa's ears?
    Last edited by FireangelOne; 07-12-2008 at 01:18 PM. Reason: typos, typos...

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3126641;

Valeris (Kim Cattrall's character in ST VI) had a completely different style, used with a headband, straight bangs, shaved "sideburns" and a main body with fuller hair. She was also not blonde.

Lisa, OTOH, has the classic romulan pointed bang, longer hair in front of the ears and the entire effect is flatter and closer to the head. It's a romulan hairstyle.

They can be altered, you know. I don't know if I've seen her ears, but that would not prove that she was not a Romulan.

Vulcan hair is not as rounded and has more harsh lines. Like their eyebrows.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3113579;
    Kelsey has been slammed for supposedly "not cooking" during her segment, but neither did anyone else really. That is the point I was making.

I think Kelsey is far and away the most talented of this group. She won the food prep demo and won last week for the dish with Shane.

She should not have been in the bottom two.

Adam has had several major cooking blunders with the undercooked food. I just don't think he is as good as some others.
    Well, I totally understand that Kelsey is your favorite, but she should have been in the bottom 2 based on her demo on the RR show. She was condescending to RR ( a big No No ) and let RR do all the work. She may have won in prior episodes, but on last week's episode, she definitely deserved to be in the bottom. Sorry, but I just go by what I see on the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by FireangelOne;3126641;

Ok I have shamed my Trekker husband with my lack of ST knowledge and I bow to you all, the masters.

See this is what I get for wandering outside of my assigned area (the bachelor).

Off to rewatch the entire series of ST movies for my mea culpa.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;3126997;
    Ok I have shamed my Trekker husband with my lack of ST knowledge and I bow to you all, the masters.

See this is what I get for wandering outside of my assigned area (the bachelor).

Off to rewatch the entire series of ST movies for my mea culpa.
    Good rule of thumb? Watch the even numbered Star Trek movies. They tend to be better than the odd ones.

ODD

1. Motion Picture
    3. Search for Spock
    5. Final Frontier ... I refuse to watch this one. Dorothy Fontana wrote in the writer's "bible" for the first Star Trek that Spock HAS NO siblings. No half, full, adoopted. step. Nothing. Nada. This has Spock's alleged half-brother. This movie is evil! It was also directed by William Shater. I think it was the only one he directed. It was a bomb, I've heard. But I refuses to acknowledge its existance.
    7. Generations
    9. Insurrection

Even

2. Wrath of Khan
    4. Voyage Home
    6. Undiscovered Country
    8. First Contact
    10. Nemesis (haven't seen this one)

* And yes. I have been to three science fiction conventions (two mainly Star Trek and one was just Doctor Who) I am a geek *

+ Reply to Thread