+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

I just don't see anything that would draw me into a show hosted by Kelsey. She's toned down the perky that I don't like in hosts, but she hasn't drawn me in yet. And I should be drawn in by now.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3124746;
    Hmm -- I'm not sure about them, but Sandra Lee would love it! Bonus points if you made a cocktail and spent more time and money on the tablescape than on food and drink combined.
    heehee, who needs tablescape? i eat in front of my computer!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3124829;
    I just don't see anything that would draw me into a show hosted by Kelsey. She's toned down the perky that I don't like in hosts, but she hasn't drawn me in yet. And I should be drawn in by now.
    Kelsey drew me in from the moment she was introduced in the first episode. She has been the top contender from the start.

And she needs to be just as perky as she wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3124829;
    Her chipmunk-esque voice is also annoying. While somewhat tolerable in small doses -- ugghhh! -- an entire half-hour?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

A little bit of Kelsey goes a long way and TPTB know this. At this point, I see Lisa as the front runner.
    CYA

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3124902;
    heehee, who needs tablescape? i eat in front of my computer!!
    ok now *I* give you bonus points for that!!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3125020;
    Kelsey drew me in from the moment she was introduced in the first episode. She has been the top contender from the start.

And she needs to be just as perky as she wants to be.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but from the judges point of view, I don't think they would agree with your statement that Kelsey needs to be as perky as she wants to be.

Sorry...just saying!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3125289;
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion but from the judges point of view, I don't think they would agree with your statement that Kelsey needs to be as perky as she wants to be.

Sorry...just saying!
    Ya know.. more i think about it, its not just the perk with her. She does have a tone in her voice that comes across as talking at someone or down to someone. Better yet, she talks to everyone like they are a child. I never talked to my own child like that let alone anyone elses or an adult.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 07-11-2008 at 02:43 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3125537;
    Ya know.. more i think about it, its not just the perk with her. She does have a tone in her voice that comes across as talking at someone or down to someone. Better yet, she talks to everyone like they are a child. I never talked to my own child like that let alone anyone elses or an adult.
    You know, that was my point, as well. I give Kelsey kudos for going to culinary school and she seems to have a good idea of what her food viewpoint would be. She just comes across to me as condescending, overly perky and kind of fake. I just couldn't watch 30 minutes of her.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3125676;
    She just comes across to me as condescending, overly perky and kind of fake. I just couldn't watch 30 minutes of her.
    interesting. lisa is the one that comes across as condescending to me ... and i know i've said this before, but ... snobbish.

i adore rachael ray and love giggling along with her when she's doing her thing in the kitchen. i wish i could hire her to be my personal cook. but i like kelsey too ... and would be more likely to watch her for 30 minutes than lisa.

now as for the rest of them? hmm ... this is a tough call. i can't remember all of their names, but the black guy that made the pizza with the girl scout. i think i could enjoy watching him too. none of the others really stand out for me.

+ Reply to Thread