+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 228 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146196 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

i don't find kelsey condescending at all ... i thought calling rachael ray 'rach' was friendly/personable, which i always got the impression that rachael is, and was quite surprised to see the 'judges' comment about it. rachael ray is NOT as snobby as martha stewart and i don't believe someone needs to suck up to her. i would have called her 'rach' also.

i wonder what lisa (and martha) would say about my hamburger helper dinner tonight?

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3124154;
    i don't find kelsey condescending at all ... i thought calling rachael ray 'rach' was friendly/personable, which i always got the impression that rachael is, and was quite surprised to see the 'judges' comment about it. rachael ray is NOT as snobby as martha stewart and i don't believe someone needs to suck up to her. i would have called her 'rach' also.

i wonder what lisa (and martha) would say about my hamburger helper dinner tonight?
    I think it was a matter of respect, or lack of on Kelsey's part. Is Rachels show.. Kelsey is a nobody.. and it came off bad.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Kelsey is not a nobody, she was a guest on the show who deserved to be treated with respect by RR.

I don't know why the judges had an issue with Kelsey calling Rachael "Rach."

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3114870;
    I hope to see Lisa fall apart next week. She should have been eliminated that first week.
    ITA! She is just not likable enough to have her own show.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3124210;
    Kelsey is not a nobody, she was a guest on the show who deserved to be treated with respect by RR.

My guess is that nicknames for people typically imply a friendship which isn't the case in this situation and it was bit presumptuous of Kelsey.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that unless you are personally invited to call somebody by anything other than their given name, it's safer to steer clear of that. Familiarity breeds contempt, you know. It's taking an unapproved liberty. Not cool.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by CAdreamin;3124307;
    My guess is that nicknames for people typically imply a friendship which isn't the case in this situation and it was bit presumptuous of Kelsey.
    I agree with this. Also Kelsey went to culinary school and Rach did not. It came off as condenscending to me and I'm a very casual kind of gal.

I also agree that having just finished school, Kelsey is a "nobody" in the food industry and more specifically on the RR set.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3124154;
    . . . i wonder what lisa (and martha) would say about my hamburger helper dinner tonight?
    Hmm -- I'm not sure about them, but Sandra Lee would love it! Bonus points if you made a cocktail and spent more time and money on the tablescape than on food and drink combined.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3124210;

Exactly that... she was her guest. Its like my daughter going to a friends house and calling thier mom by her first name and not Mrs. So and So.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3124746;
    Hmm -- I'm not sure about them, but Sandra Lee would love it! Bonus points if you made a cocktail and spent more time and money on the tablescape than on food and drink combined.
    Please, don't even get me started on Sandra Lee.

+ Reply to Thread