+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 228 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145195 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

i still can't stand lisa. she just comes across as a food snob.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think she has improved from when we first met her. I, honestly, think the 19 year old was more of a food snob than Lisa is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3119236;
    i still can't stand lisa. she just comes across as a food snob.
    She probably is, but high end food is her selling point on the show and she needs to work that in every time she cooks. Her children are used to and enjoy eating fancy dishes so she doesn't see anything wrong with leading her girl scout toward that end.

when she suggested that cus cus (however you spell that rice dish), i wanted to say "ewwwww, i only like minute rice!" just to see her reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3119300;
    I think she has improved from when we first met her. I, honestly, think the 19 year old was more of a food snob than Lisa is.
    Agreed. As Bob Tuschman has said, Lisa has got the "chops." That recipe that Kelsey came up with for Red Lobster, was very much a food snob dish. Tilapia covered in chopped macadamia nuts, and drizzled with a white chocolate beurre blanc, was way to overpowering for a delicate fish like tilapia. You'd be lucky to find the fish under all that stuff.
    Susan

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3119452;
    when she suggested that cus cus (however you spell that rice dish), i wanted to say "ewwwww, i only like minute rice!" just to see her reaction.
    Couscous is actually a mediterranean pasta dish commonly found on most supermarket shelves. Believe it or not, it is much easier and faster to prepare than minute rice. It can be enhanced with pine nuts, tomatoes, lentils, etc. It's really, really good. Had some last night.
    Susan

i had couscous at a lebanese restaurant i've been to a couple of times and it wasn't bad. i just think seeing her have a heart attack at the mere mention of something so ghastly as minute rice would crack me up. but i'm evil like that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3119547;
    Agreed. As Bob Tuschman has said, Lisa has got the "chops." That recipe that Kelsey came up with for Red Lobster, was very much a food snob dish. Tilapia covered in chopped macadamia nuts, and drizzled with a white chocolate beurre blanc, was way to overpowering for a delicate fish like tilapia. You'd be lucky to find the fish under all that stuff.

That was challenge was the one where she had to use the chocolate. I had forgotten that she won that one too.

Her tilapia dish sounds quite tasty.

I'd like Lisa a lot more if A) she stopped wearing sunglasses when she goes to the tanning salon or B) she let her tan lighten to match her pale-face eyebags... I just can't pay attention to anything she says due to that paleness around her eyes!

It was probably best for them to let Shane go. He was really out of his element here, and it was pretty painful to watch. I hope that Kelsey goes next. I have just found her to be way too perky and condescending. Calling Rachel Ray "Rach" was just a tad over the top. Although I think Adam has great presence in front of the camera, I don't see that he has a true food style and doesn't seem to have much of a culinary point of view. He can also be a bit grating, at times, but we'll see what he does in the coming weeks.At the beginning, Lisa came across as pretty harsh, but she sure seems to be a great cook. It would be nice to have someone on this network who can actually cook a meal, as opposed to just opening a box. And, also I would love a star who actually teaches me something. But, I think she will really need to step things up and I'm not sure she is going to be able to do that. I like Aaron and was glad to see him do well as a host this time. I still don't have a strong favorite like I did in prior seasons. I think it all depends on what Food Network wants. It seems that Guy Fiero is on every show these days - so I think they may be looking for someone like him. Sorry to say this, but he makes me cringe and I have to grab the remote when he's on.

+ Reply to Thread