+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

I was wondering why the meatballs were not cut in half, at the very least. That would give you one flat side that made sense.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Originally Posted by SavhLaney
    I was shocked last night when they called Adam safe before Kelsey. Kelsey did an outstanding job. She interacted well with her little helper and kept Rachael from hijacking the segment.
    Maybe it's just me, but how can the host of the show hijack one of her own segments? I mean, love her or hate her, it is Rachael's show. Kelsey was a guest.
    Susan

FORT Fan

Last season's contestants were better IMHO>>> I also despise retreads so was disappointed to see Korey from Last Comic flubbing around on this show. It was too bad the Jag kid lied, he would have been a great host and brought a new viewpoint to Food Network. I did watch like 2 of Amy's (?) shows and they were Molto Boring.

I think they let the "romance" cooking guy go too soon, he had promise...Shane's food looked good..

now it is really down to Adam and Kelsey I think....Aaron is a zero in front of the camera and his food does not look that great. Lisa may be in the final 2 but I think "America" will vote for whoever is up against her

Adam and Kelsey both seem to have personality and ability to cook and talk. Kelsey is annoying BUT seems to be willing to tone it down. Adam was very good on that last challenge in front of the camera. I think Aaron will be the next to leave now??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Elizabeth;3115315;
    Originally Posted by SavhLaney

Maybe it's just me, but how can the host of the show hijack one of her own segments? I mean, love her or hate her, it is Rachael's show. Kelsey was a guest.
    I like Rachael, but do find that she often tries to "overshadow" her guests. And I don't mean just the NFNS contestants. Perhaps it's because she worked alone on "30 Minutes Meals" annd "$40 A Day" for so long.

I think Aaron will be the next to leave too. There's really no clear cut winner here.

PS I'm not sure that RR "tries" to overshadow her guests, she just has such a 'big' personality that it naturally happens.

Geez, CA, you took the words right out of my mouth (fingers)! It's like we were thinking with the same brain!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3116682;
    I like Rachael, but do find that she often tries to "overshadow" her guests. And I don't mean just the NFNS contestants. Perhaps it's because she worked alone on "30 Minutes Meals" annd "$40 A Day" for so long.
    Valid point.
    Susan

Well, I doubt that you can be a wilting wall flower and have a show that you host that will last. It's all part of the job, I would think.

FORT Fogey

That's true, but a host should be respectful of their guests too.

FORT Regular

I really like RR, and thought if she hadn't gone over and got that little girl involved herself, it definitely wouldn't have happened waiting for What's His Name to include her. I didn't start watching NFNS this time until they were on Rachel Ray, so I didn't really have a clear idea of who was who, and had not picked a favorite. I gotta say, I thought the black guy did a superb job, esp with his little Brownie Scout! She was cute, and he really brought out her personality. I was so taken in by him, I hadn't even noticed that he had his back turned to the audience until the saw the FN version.

In fact, I thought they all did a great job with the exception of whoever the guy was who didn't relate to his little Brownie. I also didn't like him when he said an 8 yr old wasn't gonna make or break him. Guess he was WRONG!!! I was even MORE annoyed with him when I saw what the judges pointed out.

I think that Kelsey kind of reminds me of Reese Witherspoon in a way. She's cutesie like her. I guess she does seem kind of young.

Did they do the Army base thing again this time? Guess I'll have to watch it from start to finish when they're ready to pick one. Last time (which was the 1st time I saw NFNS) they showed a marathon of all the shows from beginning to end.

I only half watched one of that Amy's first shows. I got bored right outta the gate. She really had no personality. Probably that Hispanic guy would've been the best. Too bad he had to fudge on his resume, esp since what he lied about wouldn't have mattered anyway.

+ Reply to Thread