+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 228 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

That is NOT a wig that Lisa is wearing. You don't show a part with scalp and a different color hair at the roots than on the "ends" when you're wearing a wig. Plus the hair has lengthened since the start of the show. Why she would choose to go to flat, stark, black hair I don't know but the true, possibly reddish-brown her is growing out.

With Kelsey, she "abdicated her throne" as far as what she was there to do (cook), and she knew it, and was worried about it. What she got from Rachel ("What are you going to do while I'm doing your job?" or something to that effect) was well deserved. She could benefit from more life experience, also. She has potential, but it needs to be developed.

People who sweat heavily should ALL be using head bands. Yuck, Aaron! Really enjoyed his segment, other than when he turned his back. He was the only person who stressed always wash your hands before you start cooking.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I thought Adam was really good last night, he made a huge comeback. Other than sweating a lot, Aaron did pretty well too although I don't think he'll win this show. I didn't like Kelsey at all and felt uncomfortable watching her boss Rachel around. It was pretty obvious that Rachael didn't like it either. Shane was too robotic and completely ignored his girl scout, later blaming her 'shyness'! Ugh. Lisa fell apart (again) and I just don't think her personality would work on a tv show.

FORT Fan

I think Shane was the right choice, but I was kind of hoping Kelsey. She just does not have the experience unless you want to put her right after school doing a kids cooking show. I could never watch her. Aaron did really well tonight. I have always liked Adam and was glad that the judges thought he was comfortable doing the show. Lisa, well? I would watch a show with her on it because I do like her style of cooking. I don't know why they make them do a show with Rachael Ray- she is a bulldozer. Normally I like her, but not in this setting. Plus, if they have thier own show, they won't need to grab control from the over controlling host! Also, Aaron was right on about the hand washing and too bad for him that the sink was not facing the audience. (and especially important to teach his little cutie patutie girl- loved her and laughed with her) Unfortunately, he should have thought of that first - or the show should have, considering they were working with kids.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3111474;
    I was under the impression that the girls loaded up the plate and took the food to the judges, off stage, for them to taste and critique.
    I thuoght that they loaded up to go eat as well, and i had to laugh when Aaron's helper did this.. it was like no this is all mine! His segment was cute, he did well and it was nice to see that change. I still do not think he will win this.

When they showed the Judges, they EACH had a full serving of the meal that was made.

I had issues with Aarons meal.. they said it was seasoned great (bobby's words) and he said on screen, while cooking, it was store sauce.. so would he have done ANY seasoning? I thought the meat was simply browned and the veggies tossed on after it was dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3112168;
    I was shocked last night when they called Adam safe before Kelsey. Kelsey did an outstanding job. She interacted well with her little helper and kept Rachael from hijacking the segment.

Adam has been very weak all the way through the competition.

Lisa was terrible once again. She was condescending to the poor little girl who had to work with her.

Aaron did a good job once he got past the faux pas of turning his back to the camera at the beginning.

Wow, I feel you and I have watched a different show here. Adam was amazing, he was able to deal with RRs over the top, bigger than life personality. He made good food, his helper had fun, loved the food, and had her own input. Adam MADE this dish for her, based on what she told him. He cooked.. he kept RR busy, he had his helper making her own part of this dish.. all with out being bossy. He was masterful in dealing with the whole situation, he impressed me with his personality, cooking, and dealing with kids.

Little Miss Sunshine made a fool of herself, making RR do all the cooking and pretty much making a dish she made all the time (her words) and if anyone was condescending to their helper, it was Kelsey. I was shocked that she did no cooking at all, she had RR do it?! WTH was that. She is in a contest to become a TV Cook, should she not show how to cook?? She showed little personality, she was bossy (missing the “be authoritative” mark by a mile), and again, did NO cooking to speak of. She is lacking the maturity for this position and she needs to find her "TV Persona". She does come off as a nice person.. but reminds me of the Cheerleader in Grease.

I liked her with Shane because of the balance they found with one another.. but alone, I would chuck my TV out the window over watching a show with just her on it.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 07-07-2008 at 04:22 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

All Adam did was put a sandwich together. He had Rachael shredding precooked chicken that he did not even need since there was already a pan of shredded chicken ready to go.

Kelsey also put a sandwich together. In four minutes, none of them really cooked. They had ready to go ingrediants and complete dishes in the oven or on the stove.

I think Kelsey involved her little helper better than the others by letting her put together the banana boat side item.

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3113150;
    I thuoght that they loaded up to go eat as well, and i had to laugh when Aaron's helper did this.. it was like no this is all mine! His segment was cute, he did well and it was nice to see that change. I still do not think he will win this.

When they showed the Judges, they EACH had a full serving of the meal that was made.

I had issues with Aarons meal.. they said it was seasoned great (bobby's words) and he said on screen, while cooking, it was store sauce.. so would he have done ANY seasoning? I thought the meat was simply browned and the veggies tossed on after it was dressed.

Wow, I feel you and I have watched a different show here. Adam was amazing, he was able to deal with RRs over the top, bigger than life personality. He made good food, his helper had fun, loved the food, and had her own input. Adam MADE this dish for her, based on what she told him. He cooked.. he kept RR busy, he had his helper making her own part of this dish.. all with out being bossy. He was masterful in dealing with the whole situation, he impressed me with his personality, cooking, and dealing with kids.

Little Miss Sunshine made a fool of herself, making RR do all the cooking and pretty much making a dish she made all the time (her words) and if anyone was condescending to their helper, it was Kelsey. I was shocked that she did no cooking at all, she had RR do it?! WTH was that. She is in a contest to become a TV Cook, should she not show how to cook?? She showed little personality, she was bossy (missing the “be authoritative” mark by a mile), and again, did NO cooking to speak of. She is lacking the maturity for this position and she needs to find her "TV Persona". She does come off as a nice person.. but reminds me of the Cheerleader in Grease.

I liked her with Shane because of the balance they found with one another.. but alone, I would chuck my TV out the window over watching a show with just her on it.
    Well said! You and I did watch exactly the same show, and you are spot on with your observations. With any luck, the little, blond, yip-yip ankle biter dog will be gone next week.
    Susan

FORT Fan

I had to laugh when Kelsey was telling Rachael how *she* likes to scramble her eggs and expected her to cook it that way as well. And then the judges caught her calling her Rach.

Kelsey never asked her helper what food she wanted to make. She pretty much told her what they were going to make, unlike the others who got a lot of input from their helpers.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3113219;
    All Adam did was put a sandwich together. He had Rachael shredding precooked chicken that he did not even need since there was already a pan of shredded chicken ready to go.

Kelsey also put a sandwich together. In four minutes, none of them really cooked. They had ready to go ingrediants and complete dishes in the oven or on the stove.

I think Kelsey involved her little helper better than the others by letting her put together the banana boat side item.
    Funny you say ALL Adam did was put a sandwich together.. but then in the next breath you say thats what Kelsey did.. in fact ALL she did. I dont see how you can give Adam flack for doing what you say Kelsey did (and by doing so being gerat, but yet Adam sucked????) it just all comes off as a bit one sided to me. Also her food didnt look at that easy to eat.. 3 round meatballs between 2 slices of flat bread.. im sure they would fall out. Not very kid friendly.

The point of RR doing the Chicken was to get her outta his cooking space, keep her busy and show the viewer how to do the job. That whole time Adam was cooking the sandwich. To 'put hers together all Lil Miss Sunshine did was pop a few meatballs on it and top it with bread. Mind you, RR had to hep her do that as well.

Kelsey was not the only one involving her helper.. Aaron had his roling out he pizza dough. To which the judges commented on how much fun that looked and she looked ike she was having fun. Was it Adam that had his helper doing the side of fruit as well??? Again, both helpers involved just as much as Kelsey. To be honest, only Shane failed to involve his helper.. which he was sent home for. Rightly so. Even Lisa, whos only fault was claming up once RR got her full head of steam going, had her helper invoved and was saying how this and that was her idea and how she had imput and was involved. Kelsey missed the mark on this one BIG time and SHOULD have been in the bottom.

Its obvious you like Kelsey more than the others. Thats fine. Everyone has an opinion, which is also fine. I am just trying to see what you see, and I can't. So, with all due respect, you say she was so wonderfu doing the same things.. if not LESS.. then someone you thought was awful did. That i dont understand.
    Last edited by FireWoman; 07-07-2008 at 06:01 PM.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey

Kelsey has been slammed for supposedly "not cooking" during her segment, but neither did anyone else really. That is the point I was making.

I think Kelsey is far and away the most talented of this group. She won the food prep demo and won last week for the dish with Shane.

She should not have been in the bottom two.

Adam has had several major cooking blunders with the undercooked food. I just don't think he is as good as some others.

+ Reply to Thread