+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 228 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

FORT Newbie

Re: Who chooses these contestants anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;3105721;
    You're talking about Rory. You thought her cleavage was distracting, those gums of hers would never allow me to watch her show.
    I can't believe I forgot about those - her gums were equally distracting and just a BIG!!!

FORT Newbie

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3105718;
    My thoughts exactly. I'm lucky, though, in that Kevin has a restaurant here and regularly appears on one of our local news stations as "The Food Dude." I think FN did a lousy job of editing him, because he's captivating and fun -- and knows his way around the kitchen, grill, etc.

Yesterday he was on the 4th of July segment, and when the anchors were asking him about his experience with The Next FN Star, the booting-off process, etc., he did make some funny references (without naming names, of course!) to other contestants' cooking skills -- or lack thereof. There was mention of a contestant who couldn't cook an egg and remained on the show longer than he did.
    I really liked him - thought he had the personality and the cooking skill. In my opinion, he was the only real contestant though Shane and Lisa are okay now, I still can't see myself ever watching much of them.

FORT Newbie

On an update, Susie mentioned that Aaron's son already returned home & that he/they were receiving some sort of counseling. There were no other details as I presume the family would rather keep their matters private.

Thanks for the update, EasyE.

I'm not really sad to see Shane go even though he really had improved from Day 1. The only problem I had was the way he ignored his girl scout. If she was shy going into this, no doubt his rudness scarred her for life. My only problem with him in general is that he's a food snob and that pretty much disqualifies him from this type of job. To say that he loves the French way of life when he's never been to France said plenty.

The best part of the task was when the girl scouts just loaded up the trays and walked off stage to eat it all at their leasure.

I'm not sure Lisa understood the difference between being a guest chef on someone's show and doing a show of her own with a young helper. She really did just shut down and I was afraid that they would send her home for that. I don't think it was the moment that overwhelmed her, but Rachel herself. Lisa's biggest problem is working with the camera and she didn't know how to handle being constantly upstaged by a cook that has a lot of on camera experience. Also Rachel is a cook who learned at her mama's knee and Lisa probably has a strong formal culinary education.

Part of me was disappointed that Adam did well tonight. He has been acting like such a jerk that I was rooting against him only to find out tonight that he must have a lot of cooking experience, if he had owned a restaurant. That he deals well with kids and isn't intimidated by a big personality like Rachel's.

I was thinking about rooting against Aaron, but was happy for him tonight and loved his interaction with the girl scout and Rachel.

Kelsey was hard to take tonight and she clearly isn't ready yet for this type of job. Like Shane she needs more experience in a restaurant as well as more life experiences.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was under the impression that the girls loaded up the plate and took the food to the judges, off stage, for them to taste and critique.

Glad Shane is gone, and he is gone for the right reason. For him to talk about loving the French way of life, but never having actually experienced....shows just how young he is. Like they said...the boy needs more life experience.

I think Kelsey was only a half step from being eliminated. Watching her is like watching a child.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3111412;
    Thanks for the update, EasyE.

I'm not really sad to see Shane go even though he really had improved from Day 1. The only problem I had was the way he ignored his girl scout. If she was shy going into this, no doubt his rudness scarred her for life. My only problem with him in general is that he's a food snob and that pretty much disqualifies him from this type of job. To say that he loves the French way of life when he's never been to France said plenty.

The best part of the task was when the girl scouts just loaded up the trays and walked off stage to eat it all at their leasure.

I'm not sure Lisa understood the difference between being a guest chef on someone's show and doing a show of her own with a young helper. She really did just shut down and I was afraid that they would send her home for that. I don't think it was the moment that overwhelmed her, but Rachel herself. Lisa's biggest problem is working with the camera and she didn't know how to handle being constantly upstaged by a cook that has a lot of on camera experience. Also Rachel is a cook who learned at her mama's knee and Lisa probably has a strong formal culinary education.

Part of me was disappointed that Adam did well tonight. He has been acting like such a jerk that I was rooting against him only to find out tonight that he must have a lot of cooking experience, if he had owned a restaurant. That he deals well with kids and isn't intimidated by a big personality like Rachel's.

I was thinking about rooting against Aaron, but was happy for him tonight and loved his interaction with the girl scout and Rachel.

Kelsey was hard to take tonight and she clearly isn't ready yet for this type of job. Like Shane she needs more experience in a restaurant as well as more life experiences.
    Lisa's biggest problem is sharing the spotlight with anyone. I'm sure in her warped little mind it was her show and Rachel Ray and the girl scout were just her gofers. Anyone else noticing who she is trying to soften her image with a brown wig instead of black and less severe eyebrows. It ain't workin'.

First, love bobby flay and all of his shows!
    I have to pull for either kelsey or adam, I think they are the only two I would watch (the others are boring or annoying (or both)) and I watch a lot of food network during the summer when I have time to cook!

Quote Originally Posted by LocaCola;3095515;
    I didn't know that, but it makes complete sense. I don't know why everyone loves BC, but hates Paula Deen. IMO, they have the same cooking goal: to make everything as fattening as possible.

Really! Call me crazy, but If my 18 year-old ran away from home I'd be worried sick. If my 14 year-old did, I'd be home calling the police and sitting by the phone.
    The BC is so unbelievably boring! Paula's show is no rollercoaster ride either, but at least she is somewhat likeable... lord knows my aunt watches this lady everyday and is always busting out dishes from her PD cookbook (but we are in the south and my aunt loves cookin with butter and oil!).

-The aaron dude... overlooking all these rumors etc..., can he even cook? doesn't seem like it... and I'd rather watch my grass grow than him starring in a cooking show.

FORT Fogey

I have come to like Lisa. She is the most knowledgable about food and I think able to command a show because she is passionate. She wants this badly. She is working very hard at finding a comfort level with the camera and I expect she will hit her stride before this concludes. I see her as the winner. I can only imagine how difficult it must be. They all struggle with the camera. She froze on the set with Rachael and I get how that could happen.

Rachael was a little sharp with Kelsey when asked to scramble her eggs. She has no shot at winning this and I think will be gone next. She is just too young. Time to travel and experience food before you can aquire authority.

Aaron. Nope. He is not doing it for me and I was shocked to see he won this challenge.

Adam was the shining star for me last night. I like him, always have. I think he has the personality to command a show but since he admits to being out of the kitchen for so long he has no shot at this unless he clicks in in a big way.

FORT Fogey

I was shocked last night when they called Adam safe before Kelsey. Kelsey did an outstanding job. She interacted well with her little helper and kept Rachael from hijacking the segment.

Adam has been very weak all the way through the competition.

Lisa was terrible once again. She was condescending to the poor little girl who had to work with her.

Aaron did a good job once he got past the faux pas of turning his back to the camera at the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread