+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 228 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Next week the finale? Wow so quick!

I can't wait though because my favorite, Rachel Ray is on next week.

FORT Fan
    I can't wait either... as Rachel Ray is my favorite as well. The only problem... nothing in her cookbooks takes ONLY 30 minutes. Not for me anyway.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    suncat7 - tell us how you really feel about Susannah.

It was time for Michael to go. He just didn't have the timing or the organization. Eric is still teddy-bear, but I don't find him interesting enough to watch on a cooking show. I can't believe he made a recipe and didn't say what it was!?!?

Susannah is a bit over the top with her slimmy slim slim stuff. However, I do find her comfortable in front of the camera and good with the food. I just don't think I'd watch her on a show.

Dan and Steve and entertaining and I think as hosts of a show that's not just about food, but about entertaining in your home (as they mentioned a couple of episodes ago), I would watch. It's not all about the food for them, but I like them.

Deborah - don't like her. Too phony.

My favorite at this point is Hans. I like his style, I like his cooking. I would watch him.

I agree w/ you, marybethp, about Michael. It was really just his time to go. I really wish it had been Deborah, though, as she is grating on my nerves big-time. Unless something unforeseen happens, though, my guess is she'll be around a little while longer. In fact, here's how I think the next eliminations will pan out:

5th place (next elimination) - Eric
    4th place - Deborah
    3rd place - Susannah

That leaves the Final Two as Hans and Dan/Steve. I like both and would be happy with either of them winning. I think, though, that it may be Dan/Steve that win in the end. FN doesn't have a successful tag-team cooking show on the air right now (at least I don't think they do), and Dan/Steve would bring a unique perspective(?) to the network.

I don't get why anybody likes Hans. He seems so boring and seems like you could find a guy like him anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    I agree w/ you, marybethp, about Michael. It was really just his time to go. I really wish it had been Deborah, though, as she is grating on my nerves big-time. Unless something unforeseen happens, though, my guess is she'll be around a little while longer. In fact, here's how I think the next eliminations will pan out:

5th place (next elimination) - Eric
    4th place - Deborah
    3rd place - Susannah

That leaves the Final Two as Hans and Dan/Steve. I like both and would be happy with either of them winning. I think, though, that it may be Dan/Steve that win in the end. FN doesn't have a successful tag-team cooking show on the air right now (at least I don't think they do), and Dan/Steve would bring a unique perspective(?) to the network.
    I don't like Deborah anymore, since someone compared her to BB3 Danielle and after reading it, all I hear is her saying "he's the devil hiss"

I think the final 2 will be Susannah and Dan/Steve.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I don't get why anybody likes Hans. He seems so boring and seems like you could find a guy like him anywhere.
    I like Hans. He's very smart. He needs to learn to look up at the audience more and not always down at his food, however. Susannah is very smart, too, but besides looking like Rachel Ray and proposing a 30-minute show like hers, there are a ton of diet shows on that network already that I don't watch.

Did anyone watch the 2005 Wedding Cake Challenge? The gal from Austin named Bronwyn was an immediate star. Just popped for the camera with so much charm and really knows her stuff. Maybe she should be their next star.

I agree with the logic above about Dan/Steve possibly being the winners. They would bring something unique to FN (the team approach), and they do seem to be enjoying what they're doing while keeping the food as the star.

Deborah -- I don't hate or dislike her, but she's pretty boring. No pizzazz or personality, and she doesn't seem to really enjoy food or cooking, and I think it shows in her cooking spots. I think she likes it, but doesn't love it. And I think to be a good FN host, you have to really love it. And that feeling doesn't come through with her. She's too contrived and worried about staying cute in the kitchen.

Susannah -- first of all, she reminds me too much of Rachael Ray, and that's a bad thing in my mind, since I don't like Rachael. The personality gets annoying fast, and I don't think she has enough personality or drive to maintain a food show. And the slimmy slim slim thing was cute the first few times, but now it downright annoys me. She needs to stop browbeating that into the viewer's head and if she really feels she has to throw it in, do it very very sparingly. I think she's a wimp, too, and doesn't have enough fortitude for the job.

Hans -- a little bland, but he's getting better. I think once he gets over the stage nervousness and learns to relax, he'll be looser and let more personality out. I think he has a great deal of potential to learn and use what he learns.

Although I don't know who the two finalists will be, I personally would like to see Dan/Steve and Hans, of the ones left now.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Hans and Steve all the way!

I would watch Hans/Steve. I hope they win!

FORT Fogey
    When narrowed to two, the public votes so it is difficult to guess who the winner will be. My hunch for final two are Dan & Steve and Susannah.

Susannah's focus is not new but they only have two diet type programs now, which are not great, and could make room for another if the public desires. They do not know unless they test that with a viewer vote. Everyone seems to be on some form of controlled eating today and they have to create an antidote to Paula Dean! Susannah did a good job incorporating that recipe to her own style. I would not watch her show but I bet there are many who would.

Dan and Steve are fresh, witty and their focus on entertaining fills a hole. I think they will win the popular vote.

Deborah will be the first to go next week. She has not returned to the personality that won their hearts on her audition tape. And she refers to herself in the 3rd person, never good.

I wonder if they ever really liked Eric as much as they did for the camera. He was not funny, only loud and big. Keeping him instead of Harmony guaranteed more action/interest because of his huge personality, or so they thought. I suspect they knew they did not want him from very early on but Harmony never opened up to fill that space.
    Last edited by Dogbat; 06-20-2005 at 01:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread