+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 228 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Chairman of the Bored Cruella_DeVil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    Deborah was very different in her audition tape. She was soft, sexy and relaxed. I think she is going next week if she is not able to get back there. With her vision being too grand she has a lot going against her. She has been in the last group to be chosen each week.

Suzanne has it more together than the others. They thought her dish was bland but it is easy to monitor her menu choices. They are looking for a show that will attract viewers and a personality that works on camera. I don't like the low cal and low carb shows they have and would not watch her but many would. They said they wanted her to continue "for now" giving the signal that she is slipping. She could go next week as well.

Eric His personality is not catching me at all. I don't really like him but they sure do. He has been the first chosen each time. I doubt he can get it together in front of the camera. I can't believe he made potato salad with common and very elementary ingredients AND they raved about it. Very odd. He seems to be their favorite.

Michael Not doing it for me but they like him. He is not that witty.

Hans Food you fear is just not going to cut it no matter who much he opens up.

Dan and Steve They are my favorite and some polish on their "act" makes them a strong contender for final 2. I like their wit and vision. A show devoted to entertaining appeals to me.

The telepromter would drive me nuts. I could talk my way through preparing a dish but with my own words, not a script. The chefs, now on FN, do not look at the prompter much, if at all. They probably check the time left in a segment but I do not see any of them reading other than the introduction.
    I am glad you remembered who all these people are.

I though I was alone in watching these cooking shows. Already know how to cook but love to see what others are doing with food and to get new menu ideas.

Michael My impression of him was the real life version of Sideshow Bob from the Simpsons!

Suzanne Too similar in appearance to that Rachel Ray gal who already has a show on Food Network (are they related?). I find Ray's show really annoying particularly when she tastes the food in her show and her eyes roll back up into her head like a shark on a feeding frenzy and her other annoying overuse of "YUM-OH"

Hans I think this is the guy who seems to be the one who would hold my interest (at least for a few eppys) of a cooking show. Needs to get his personality showing through a bit more as he seems like he could be really a lot of fun. You are right though on the fear of food thing.... definite downfall for any wannabe chef!

Dan and Steve They could be contenders but need to work a whole lot more on their timing and stage personnas. One guy seems almost shell shocked when he is before the camera. But I COULD watch these two as they would be entertaining.

Deborah, Eric Harmony... definitely brain dead and good thing she is gone.

Sorry to see Brook go so early in the competition.

This definitely is not Hell's Kitchen but still has been entertaining once we all got past the first eppy. Did enjoy the background info on the working of the FN kitchen and shows though! I guess you really only need to have a mild working knowledge of food and kitchen appliances as it appears once you have a show all the prep, etc. is done by the sous chefs and staff.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    ...I'm with Chach on Deborah. (Not on the Danielle stuff, though. I couldn't stand Danielle and thought she was evil incarnate. But, I digress...) I thought I was going to like her, but I find I like her less and less as the show goes on. "Stay cute while you're in the kitchen"? WTH is that?...
    Lobeck, now that you're onboard, are you going to be recapping these shows for us? When I think Lobeck, I think recaps. (Funny, well-written recaps, that is.)

My Dani/Deb comment was based strictly on apprearance, and not whether Dani had sold her soul to the devil. Though I guess I do like my women slightly evil.

No, I'm not planning on recapping it. I'll be watching it, though!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Snowy

I TiVo'd the first three episodes that were replayed on Sunday night, so I'm now all caught up, too. Anyhoo...

Susannah does absolutely nothing for me. She reminds me too much of Rachel Ray. Now, I like Rachel, but FN doesn't need two Rachels. I agree with whoever it was on the Selection Committee that said that she's almost too polished (or whatever the word was) and would be perfect on one of those local morning news/talk shows. That producer guy (not Gordon Elliott; the other one) who pointed out that she's all perky and Kathy Lee-esque when the cameras are rolling but immediately drops that once the cameras are off is exactly right! I noticed that big-time in the third episode.

I'm with Chach on Deborah. (Not on the Danielle stuff, though. I couldn't stand Danielle and thought she was evil incarnate. But, I digress...) I thought I was going to like her, but I find I like her less and less as the show goes on. "Stay cute while you're in the kitchen"? WTH is that?

I like Eric, but he really needs to get it together quick, or he'll be gone sooner rather than later. I don't get the whole "Mean Cuisine" thing, but maybe that's just me. If he could lose the on-camera nerves and get better organized in the kitchen, I think he could be a winner.

Hans probably is the most knowledgeable one about food in the group (IMO), but I agree with the Selection Committee re: his personality. He really needs to liven it up, or he may beat Eric out the door. That being said, I'd really like to see him continue on.

Michael...Michael...Michael. I can't decide about him. I think he's funny and all, but I can also see how his shtick could get really annoying and really old really fast. He does seem to be the one who adapts the best, though, to the unforeseen things like the cake pan falling apart, no water for washing his hands, etc.

Harmony got on my nerves a little, too, and I wasn't surprised to see her go this past week. (Though I was kinda hoping Deborah would be taken down a notch or two and shown the door...) She seemed too flighty to me.

Ah, Brook...we hardly got to know ya. That's too bad, too. I mean, how many FN shows have some male eye candy? I do agree, though, that he talked way too fast and really needed to slow that down. He seemed like he knew his stuff, though. It would have been interesting to see how far he could have gotten.

I guess my favorites at this point are Dan and Steve. They have a good rapport, and their sense of humor is present without being too in-your-face (*cough*Michael*cough*). They do seem a bit scatterbrained in the kitchen, though, so I hope they can get that together.

I totally agree with you about Susannah..That was the first thing I thought of when I saw her...and older Rachel Ray...and she doesnt really put out that friendly vibe...

Harmony was a cutie...but pretty useless...lol Chach..Sandra Lee is hot! her show is "Semi-homemade with Sandra Lee" My Hubby always likes to point out she is "perky"
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

During the preview they might have given away a potential spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    They said that two chefs would be eliminated tonight. Does that mean the gay couple is eliminated?

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    During the preview they might have given away a potential spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    They said that two chefs would be eliminated tonight. Does that mean the gay couple is eliminated?
    my guess is yes
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Actually, my guess is no because
    Click to see Spoiler:
    they have said on more than one occasion how Dan and Steve are considered/being judged as one entry. My guess is that if Dan/Steve do go tonight, then someone else will also be leaving.

Of course, I certainly could be wrong.

Yea, because I don't think they'd give it away that much.

And yea, Dan and Steve are considered as one, aren't they?
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I can't stand Susannah, with all her "slim, slim, slimmy-slim-slim...Susannah's slimmiest-slims to make you slim." So what she lost a ton o' weight....good for her and all, but hearing "slim slim slimmy slim slim" ten thousand times out of her mouth does NOTHING to make the food sound tasty. Concentrate on the TASTE of the foods, and perhaps in the ease of preparing the foods...if the food is also healthy, great! But man, she has sent me over the edge. Plus, she may have lost a ton of weight...but she's not THAT slim on camera...certainly not a poster girl for the word "SLIM". Shut up, Susannah!

Another gripe about her...the whole chopped off finger portion, where she couldn't stand to see her own blood? I would have been fine if she just couldn't stand to see her blood. No big deal. But then the woman says "oh, if it was my SON, I'd be fine!" Listen woman...when your CHILD is bleeding, that should be the worse thing ever, breaking your heart in a zillion pieces even as you stay brave to take care of them, cart them to the E.R., whatever. But Susannah? "Bloody son, no problem! But I can't look at my OWN blood!" Hag. Nasty non-slimmy constantly saying slim hag.

Okay, so I really, REALLY really really REALLY don't like her. I sure as heck wouldn't watch her show if she were to have one, and I LOVE Food Network.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

BAH! Miss-slim-slim-slimmiest-slim-slim is STILL THERE! *boooooo booooo*

Finally the demise of crazy-haired Michael...thank goodness, because I kept feeling like that nasty hair was going to be in the food! And sadly, Eric, the large-and-in-charge guy left. He was at least funny, although he didn't give much actual FOOD information.

Paula Deen was fun tonight on there. I got all hungry looking at the country ham with red-eye gravy (then again, I AM a southern cat!)

Here's who is left competing...

Susannah (slim slim whatever) ~ YUCK can't stand her, wish she'd shut up!

Deborah ~ I really don't like how sometimes she says "stay cute in the kitchen" and I think she's fakey as all get-out..but tonight she was somewhat better.

Steve & Dan ~ I like Steve (the shorter one) and can't stand Dan. Unfortunately, Dan is the one with more actual cooking skills, and they're not going to tell them "hey, we'll take Steve, but not YOU Dan." Dan WAS a tad funny talking like his Mom, but overall, no I wouldn't watch their show.

Hans ~ saved the best for last. I love him! YAY! I'd watch Hans' show any time. As long as he stays away from that "making you like foods you hate" angle, I'm all for him.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

+ Reply to Thread