+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 228 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

FORT Fogey

Re: The Next Food Network Star

As I posted before, she appeared on The View on Monday and they just said to look for her new show this fall, no specific date was mentioned. I would think that they have gotten to work right away on it though.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2488540;
    I think Rory handled herself just fine. Turning her back on the audience didn't equate being a bad sport. She probably DID think she had it in the bag because she was going up against third place.

She didn't storm off the set or anything. I am happy that Amy won, but I would not have been angry if Rory would have gotten the vote. Amny knew more about food and was good on her feet, but I thought Rory had a bit more TV presence. JMO.
    Very well put. I guess that's pretty much the way I feel. I wouldn't have had a problem with Rory winning either. The main reason I was so gung ho for Amy in the voting was bc I thought she was wrongfully sent home just so they could get JAG.

Actually I thought Rory, Paul, & JAG had more of a TV personality than Amy. I would not have even had a problem with JAG winning if not for his lies and temper tantrums. He came across as a really likable guy on the RR show---almost made you forget that he'd lied and showed his nasty side when things didn't go right for him.
    Last edited by Ledhead; 07-25-2007 at 11:58 AM. Reason: changed the wording

FORT Fogey

There is an interview with Amy at the TV Guide site.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2489256;
    Well my contention with her was more before the actual winner was announced. I got a very strong entitled air off her, the way she kept shooting these glances at Amy and stuff. She definitely came off as she was positive she had won and it was very off-putting.

Maybe it was just a case of nerves or maybe she was justified in that because she was up against the 3rd place contestant. However, it was still off-putting.
    It's interesting how we all interpret things differently, because when I watched it again I still thought Rory looked like she was either about to be sick or about to cry. I interpreted it as just that sick nervous feeling that comes with being in that type of situation and she wasn't doing a very good job of hiding it.

FORT Regular

The finale was kind of lame. The final 2 should have had another challenge between them before letting us vote. Maybe have the finalist cook the same thing, then have them demonstrate how they cook them.

Btw, on the show it seems to me that Jag feels bad that Paul was eliminated because of him lying. They kept Jag over Paul because they believed that Jag had finished culinary school.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Amy's show is slated to air in October. I thought that said in an earlier episode that the show would be taped in Emeril's old studio in NY. I think Giada's show is taped in California and Good Eats is filmed in Georgia, as is Paula Deen's show.

I agree that the finale was all sorts of lame. To be honest I barely watched it. Watched the first couple of minutes and then went to do something and came back every now and then to see what was going on and then watched the reveal. It would have been more fun if they would have had the two do a mock show, since the competition is over and the winner already decided doesn't mean they couldn't have had each finalist do a mock run of what their show would be like.

Premium Member

I think that would be a great idea. Have the two finalists go head to head in a mock up of what their show would be like. Then let America vote on which one they like better. I loved when they put the final 3 on Rachael Ray's show, but they should do more. Maybe have them each to a 15 minute segment. Brilliant idea, Harmony.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

If Rory did cry, I would not blame her. She came in second and that has to hurt. I would be sobbing my heart out. I don't have the ability to act all happy for the winner. That, and my butt, kept me out of beauty contests.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Newbie

Did anybody here see Seasons 1 & 2? I asked this because there was a listing that said that the 2 finalists appeared at a Food Festival and cooked for the Food Network's personalities. Which season was this?

Another question I want to ask is if anybody here thinks it is possible that the Food Network edited portions of the season 3 after they disqualified Jaq. What I mean is that do you think they reedited the series to make Jag less appealing and Amy more popular? Whatever time frame "1-week" was, I am sure they had plenty of footage to pick out the good and bad from everybody. I guess nobody here will know for sure unless he or she knows that there were multiple final edits for the series.

Anyway, I can't actually say that I am excited over a 30-minute show with Amy, but the "Next Iron Chef" show due at around the same time could be worth a few laughs.

+ Reply to Thread