+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 228 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273113163 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2487153;
    What a bunch of losers this year. Not a Guy Fierrie (sp) among them. Lackluster personalities and banal food. I wouldn't watch Amy walk across the street. Don't think we'll be getting more than six episodes out of this winner.
    This is the first season I've watched. I didn't know Guy was last year's NFNS winner until recently. I don't care that much for his cooking show but love him on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. He's has a real talent for talking to people and joking around with them - it's a fun show to watch.

I agree with you though - I didn't see star quality in any of the contestants. I'm willing to give Amy a chance though - when she did the commentary on the Iron Chef episode, I saw a lot of potential. Whether or not she can capture that on a regular basis remains to be seen.

I will watch at least a few episodes of Amy's show. I'm pleased that she won as I prefer her more sophisticated foods to Rory's style of cooking. Amy's dishes are recipes I would download, cook, and serve. Just personal preference in what I like to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2486983;
    Rory said that she met her boyfriend Clay at "some other reality show where they took city slickers and turned them into cowboys" or something like that. Only show I know that does that is Cowboy U and I don't remember her on there.
    Now that you mention it, Harmony, I seems to recall a Rory on one season of Cowboy U. I hadn't made the connection, but I think you are right.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

If so then that would make three reality shows she's been on. Fame ** much? LOL Can I say that word? Just in case (LOL).

I find it interesting that Rory tried so hard to distance herself from Amy by stressing that she was a "blue-collar" cook and yet she grew up privileged?

OK because I'm bored I just googled Rory and IMB has her reality show credits as two. CMT's Popularity Contest and this one. Must have been a different Rory on Cowboy U.

Or someone is getting Cowboy U confused with Popularity Contest.

Florimel I agree with you. Rory's food is just a heart attack on a plate. Just looking at it I could hear my arteries snapping shut.

FORT Fogey

I did not see anything wrong with Rory's food, it was just her that I did not care for.

The potatos she cooked on RR looked very good.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2487429;
    Or someone is getting Cowboy U confused with Popularity Contest.

I have not ever heard of either of those shows. Other than watching The Apprentice and NFNS, I am not a fan of these competition shows.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristoferHawke;2487665;
    Florimel I agree with you. Rory's food is just a heart attack on a plate. Just looking at it I could hear my arteries snapping shut.
    We already get a lot of unhealthy (but delicious) food from Paula Deen , plus Paula gives us here fun personality and charm.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2487981;
    We already get a lot of unhealthy (but delicious) food from Paula Deen , plus Paula gives us here fun personality and charm.
    Interesting -- I don't find Paula Deen's (or Emeril's, for that matter) artery-slam fare appealing at all, and Rory's was more of the same. And the whole "hey y'all" [Deen] bit grates on my nerves as well. I tried to watch the episode where she and her husband went to Paris, and it just made me cringe. Different strokes!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

All of the recipes of Paula's that I have tried are fantastic!

+ Reply to Thread