+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 228 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

FORT Regular

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Though Paula does her show from her own kitchen in Savannah, maybe she'll be able to film from home too after awhile. I don't know where some of those other FN stars are doing their shows. The Ace of Cakes is done in Baltimore, isn't it? Somewhere in MD near DC.

FORT Fogey

Do most of the shows tape in NYC at the Food Network Studios? I know that Paula tapes in her own home in Savannah and at her brother's restaurant for Paula's Party.

Just wanted to say.

YAY AMY!

I am so glad she won and especially after being eliminated. I got such a nasty entitled vibe off Rory on the last episode. Like she knew she was going to win and was just standing there lording it over Amy. I don't know what exactly gave me this impression but it was some of the looks she gave Amy and then the way she turned and walked off to talk to the others when she wasn't chosen.

When JAG "quit", and TNFNS brought Rory back to New York to tell her that JAG quit, for a split second I thought Rory thought she was going to be declared the winner right then and there. Then they brought Amy back in.

I think Rory did a good job in accepting the new circumstances of the final two. But I really felt that deep down, Rory thought she had this one in the bag!

I didn't watch all the shows this season, so I must have missed where Amy was on the phone with her husband. I did see the show where Tommy was crying during the phone call to his wife. So, yeah, I can see how people can miss home on these kinds of shows.

I did notice on last night's show that Amy was NOT wearing a wedding ring, so I was wondering if she was married or single with two young children.

Today on the View, though, it looked like she had a diamond ring on her left ring finger. Just a diamond ring, not a wedding band.

It will be interesting to see if they do film the show in San Diego. Amy said she was either third or fourth generation San Diegan last night. I imagine moving two small children (whether single or married) to NYC to tape her show would be very difficult for her. Time will tell!

I too could have sworn that she was married but then I didn't see a ring last night and she never mentioned a husband.

Rory said that she met her boyfriend Clay at "some other reality show where they took city slickers and turned them into cowboys" or something like that. Only show I know that does that is Cowboy U and I don't remember her on there.

Even if she will have to tape her show at the Food Network studios in New York, at least initially, there's no reason for Amy and family to have to move. Numerous episodes can be filmed in one day; in fact, that's the preferred way of doing things, as it's more efficient as regards time and money for talent, crew, studio space, etc.

If Amy's initial contract is for 13 episodes, she could easily get it done in a couple of 2- or 3-day visits to New York.

And if her show is successful and continues, Food Network may move her location to either Amy's home in La Mesa (an East County 'burb of San Diego) or one of the many studio spaces in San Diego or Los Angeles.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Entitled is a good word to describe the vibes I got off Rory in last night's episode. (Thanks to whomever used that word earlier in the thread.) She really thought that she had it won. Remember in her radio challenge she talked about easily beating Amy (and was chided by the judges for it.)

Amy, on the other hand, seemed very gracious. She even commented that she was glad to be sharing the moment with Rory, since they had shared so much during the show.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by Dogg;2486120;
    didn't Rory open a restaurant?

she already got the free promotion, what else does she want, fame?
    Uh, yeah, considering this is her 2nd (that I know of) reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2486983;
    Rory said that she met her boyfriend Clay at "some other reality show where they took city slickers and turned them into cowboys" or something like that. Only show I know that does that is Cowboy U and I don't remember her on there.
    It was "Popularity Contest" and it was on CMT. She was annoying as hell on there and a real suck up. She used her cooking to get votes.

Remember when she said she was scared when they brought Amy back? She should have known she might lose then.

What a bunch of losers this year. Not a Guy Fierrie (sp) among them. Lackluster personalities and banal food. I wouldn't watch Amy walk across the street. Don't think we'll be getting more than six episodes out of this winner.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2487141;
    Uh, yeah, considering this is her 2nd (that I know of) reality show.

It was "Popularity Contest" and it was on CMT. She was annoying as hell on there and a real suck up. She used her cooking to get votes.
    From the "Popularity Contest"/CMT program site:

Rory is a successful restauranteur from New Jersey. She grew up privileged, but has a foul-mouthed, tomboy side. Rory says most people consider her to be off-putting until they really get to know her. She feels the way to people's hearts is through their stomachs; so cooking will be Rory's strategy. If Rory wins the game, she wants to use the cash prize to open up another restaurant.

+ Reply to Thread