+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 228 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Next Food Network Star

I think I'm in the minority here because I will NEVER watch Amy's show. She didn't deserve to be in the final two. First, she QUIT!!! She said she was quitting, they should have shown here the door then and there. Second, she was only there (in the final two) because of default. I don't know why I'm taking this so personally. I really need to show watching reality shows. I voted for Rory and I think Rory is the better cook and the more entertaining personality. Oh well, now it's on to Hell's Kitchen and Top Chef. (maybe they'll get it right)

FORT Fogey

I will be checking out Amy's show when it premieres. I think that she will do a good job.

I haven't watched the show as I'm studying to take the bar exam tomorrow!!! So I really appreciate all the posts here. Now that my girl won, I'm going to pass! I know, I'm silly.

I'm really glad Amy won. I do think that Rory's show would have been entertaining since she does have bubbly personality. But I don't think she would have been a long-lasting star. I think Amy is a better cook and more likable person.

For those who watched Season 1 and 2, how long did it take for the winner's show to be shot and aired? I can't wait to watch Amy's show!!!

FORT Fogey

I think it took a couple of months. They said Amy's show would be on this fall.

FORT Fogey

Amy was a guest on The View this morning. She cooked her mushroom/goat cheese chicken recipe.

FORT Regular

And those of you who think she cooks with goat cheese too much probably said, "Eww!" LOL

I think goat's milk is lower in calories and fat and that's why they use it so much in Europe. I'm pretty sure they make gelato in Italy from goat's milk. Believe me when I say gelato in Italy is ABSOLUTELY HEAVENLY!!

peachroses

I am also so glad Amy won even if I was really hoping Jag would win. I liked Jag because he is unique and loves food so much. That passion cannot be faked and that could be why he lied. I am however glad that he did not get away with his lies and I sincerely hope he learned from it.

I am wondering if Amy's marriage went sour when she was auditioning for the show. Maybe things came to a head the week that she wanted to quit. I also remember her mentioning her husband early in the competition. I hope that she can work something out so that her kids can be with her when she is shooting her show.

I also really dislike goat cheese, but I thought some of Amy's other food was easy and interesting. The lollypop chicken wings comes to mind. I really hope she does well. She appears to be down to earth and focused on her family and her career. Go Amy... I will watch your show.
    Because I said so ....

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

When Amy was thinking about leaving, didn't she call her husband, tell him she missed him so much and that he was all that mattered?

FORT Fogey

If you look on her My Space contestant profile, she mentions her husband, more than once. Maybe he just did not want to be on screen.

FORT Regular

I sure hope her doing this show didn't hurt her marriage. I do remember now about when she was on the phone with him. Guess I needed someone who has a better memory than I do to remind me. If they live in San Diego though, he'll likely have to move to the east coast for her to do her show. Sure hope he's not one of those kind of husbands who thinks his career should be considered first and only or it could be really difficult.

I don't remember her mentioning her husband last night in that video they showed of her and her birth family. I sure hope there's not a problem with them. He might be home taking care of their kids while she came back to NYC though. Her mother and sisters seemed to be there last night. SOMEONE had to stay home with the kids. Gosh those kids of hers are sure cute!!

+ Reply to Thread