+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 228 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Yay! I voted for Amy too. America got it right!

There is no way I ever would have watched a Rory show. Food Network must have been relieved.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

YAY!!!

I'm so excited! I voted for Amy and I'm so glad she won! America got it right!

I can't wait to watch her show!

I'm looking forward to her show, too. I liked her recipes on TNFNS, and it was fun to see the footage of her working with her sisters in the kitchen, her kid bringing fresh herbs from the garden, etc. It looks like she knows how to teach as well as cook, and I'm looking forward to picking up some ideas from her show whenever it starts.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think someone upthread mentioned a similar scenario.
    I truly believe they eliminated Amy to make "more drama" when they had Jag come back and "withdraw" from the competition.
    When they did eliminate her at the final 3 after praising her I was dumbfounded. Jag's speech at his resigning was very staged. And not very sincere-IMO!
    I am glad Amy won. Rory did seem like a poor sport after the announcement. Did any of the other contestents congratulate Amy? They pushed it so close to the end of the show time it was hard to tell.

FORT Regular

I'm pretty sure they all congratulated her.

I'm looking forward to seeing Amy's show too. It looks like she'll do shows including her kids and that'll be special to see. That's one of the many things I like about Paula Deen and even Ina Garten. You get to see how her cooking involves family and and friends with kids. I guess Almost Homemade lady includes her nieces and nephew in shows too, but somehow it seems somewhat phoney from her.

So Amy's a single mom? Or did I miss her mention a husband? If she is a single mom, it will be an awesome lesson for her kids and what a role model. The more I learn about Amy, the more I'm glad she won!

I like how JAG and Paul became such good friends! Someone even said they called them The Odd Couple, lol.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Congrats! Amy. I also voted for her. I still can't believe the judges cut her, but I guess they know better now.

I'm thinking Rory was too choked up to let anyone see her face after the announcement...

She did hug Amy, and then turned away from the camera for the duration. She was too emotional to speak before the announcement, I can only imagination how she felt after...

I am looking forward to her show... I may have to record it to watch on the weekends during my Official FoodNetwork Watching Time...

Kinda sorry it's over...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

FORT Fogey

I saw Amy getting lots of hugs.

ledhead, I did not hear her mention a husband at all. Her youngest is only a year and a half and the older child, I believe, she said was heading into kindergarten. They showed a lot of her family though.

FORT Fogey

I think Amy knew she was going to win. She mentioned twice about having her own show.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledhead;2486493;
    So Amy's a single mom? Or did I miss her mention a husband?
    I'm kind of surprised that her husband wasn't shown yesterday. In earlier episodes Amy talked about having met her husband when she was in culinary school in France. (Maybe he's an ex?)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread