+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 228 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by yardgnome77
    I thought the same thing as well. I really can't see her winning for that fact alone, although I also like the shows on low-cal cooking.
    Right now my favorite is Michael, is quirky and funny, something different.
    Love your sig line. That movie stands near the top of my wacked humor list along with Mars Attacks.

My mom called me tonight at 11:30pm and told me to stay up late and watch it at midnight... guess she doesn't think I need sleep before work

It is probably the best of the current reality TV shows I have seen so far. I really enjoyed the last hour and half of the show, the auditon part wasn't engaging. It has been much easier to like most of these contestants than with other reality TV shows.

I know.... I actually like everyone on there.

It's probably because on this reality show, you don't have backstabbing and lying!
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Quote Originally Posted by Super Goten
    I know.... I actually like everyone on there.

It's probably because on this reality show, you don't have backstabbing and lying!
    Good point, that is it. I hope there are more shows were there isn't any backstabbing. Unless Romber is in it, I actually enjoy seeing how creative Rob gets.

FORT Fogey
    I finally got a chance to watch these shows. Best reality show to date, absolutely. It is interesting to see what is involved behind the scenes.

I noticed a few of you were impressed with Harmony's use of the zip lock bag. I don't own a pastry bag, I always use a plastic bags because there is no clean up, just toss the bag. It is a widely used trick.

All of them had a difficult time with relaxing into their personalities as they learned the ropes. It must have been nerve wracking.

They are looking for a fresh face and new point of view. There was just nothing outstanding that Brooke could offer no matter how he improved that would fill that requirement.

Eric is not comfortable for me to watch. He is so heavy he does not look comfortable in his own skin. I felt the same way about Paul Prudhomme, James Beard and another who escapes my memory. I am not taken with his personality either. He may have a shot because they seemed to like his presence. I doubt he will get the flow of the production enough to be comfortable though. He and the teleprompter are at odds.

I think they are giving Harmony some grace because the camera loves her. I was not all that impressed and don't really see where she can go. Her audition was not outstanding.

Susanne is a stand out. She was the most comfortable with the camera, mechanics of the show and easy to watch. She is adorable and confident. I did think she showed her personality even though she was called on it. They already have a low cal and low carb show. Is there room for another? Perhaps, since the entire country is on some damn diet.

Hans is going to be great if he is able to show more of himself but I don't think he will make the next cut. They are not looking for the most skilled cook. We saw that most is taken care of, including menu selection and prep. They want a fresh personality and he is not their guy.

Dan and Steve are going to be VERY good when they relax into their routine. They are off to a great start. They are my pick for one of the final two. With the main stream success of Queer Eye and Will and Grace they are shoo ins.

Michael is good but so nervous that his humor is coming across as self concious and a tad forced but that will change.

Deborah was sexy in her audition and if that comes through she has a fresh angle.
    If Deborah opens up the sexy flirtatious cutie inside she could be a contender as well. I don't think they have an African American woman on their chanel. Her forte is southern cooking and they already have Paula. She has a long way to go.

At this point, and it is still early, I see either Michael or Susanne to stand beside Steve and Dan in the finals.

I am a big fan of Food Network, and I just finished watching Calorie Commando. Susannah was one of the guests on there. I probably wouldn't have even noticed, except she said she was a "Fiber Girl", and that was a line she used on this show. This is the show where Juan Carlos prepares Oven Baked Chicken and Creamy Potato Salad.
    I was really disappointed when Brook got kicked off the show. He was the one I was rooting for.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Texas
    I am a big fan of Food Network, and I just finished watching Calorie Commando. Susannah was one of the guests on there. I probably wouldn't have even noticed, except she said she was a "Fiber Girl", and that was a line she used on this show. This is the show where Juan Carlos prepares Oven Baked Chicken and Creamy Potato Salad.
    I was really disappointed when Brook got kicked off the show. He was the one I was rooting for.
    Thanks for the heads up. Eric is my least favorite; I like Brook too.

I actually liked Eric.

There's 3 episodes on tonight!! I don't know if I can watch it all...
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

Part 3 is on now...they're making pizzas with Mario.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Click to see Spoiler:
    Harmony
    was eliminated tonight.

+ Reply to Thread