+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 228 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Rory is reaally upset!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

Good for Amy!! Would you believe after watching the whole show, a friend stopped by during the announcement.....I am glad I was recording it.

Rory is being a poor sport if you ask me.....she should not be surprised in my never to be humble opinion. I have not seen her face since the announcement--she has her back to the camera and is being hugged on by all the other contestants. She really is an attention hog, isn't she.
    "Well-behaved Women Seldom Make History" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

"Always shoot for the moon. That way, even if you fall short you are still among the stars!"
    (Don't remember who said this, I just like it )

I wouldn't be surprised if Rory thought she had this all sewn up.

Final 2 her and Jag. Then they get rid of Jag-that leaves her with the 3rd place finisher- Amy. So natually she ASSUMES she has already beaten Amy. (this is all specualtion on my part) When in reality, Amy has done better than Rory all along, IMO. And they just kept Rory so they could justify giving the win to Jag-if he went up against Amy in the final, she would've beaten him too. So FN tried to stack the deck in their favor to get the "latin influence of Jag" when THAT didn't work out, they had to go to plan B because of Jag's lies.

Plausible anyone?
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2486087;
    Rory is reaally upset!
    I probably would be, too. Amy was elminated and then was brought back. Not that I disagree with who won, but I could definitely see why she would be more than a little bummed. She thought she was going against Jag, then they bring back Amy .... Third place, who wasn't supposed to be there, then she wins.

Congrats to Amy, though.

didn't Rory open a restaurant?

she already got the free promotion, what else does she want, fame?

I can't believe it -- someone I voted for actually won? Wow! Looking forward to seeing the show in an hour and a half!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Regular

Yeah usually it's the kiss of death for the person I vote for too. But NOT THIS TIME!! YEAH!! I'm so happy for AMY!! She did consistently better in all the challenges from what I remember. I watched several of the shows today in the marathon.

Our son and his fiance wanted us to go out to eat with them and so I set up to tape. We did get home for most of it, but I'm sure glad I taped it.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2486111;
    I wouldn't be surprised if Rory thought she had this all sewn up.

Final 2 her and Jag. Then they get rid of Jag-that leaves her with the 3rd place finisher- Amy. So natually she ASSUMES she has already beaten Amy. (this is all specualtion on my part) When in reality, Amy has done better than Rory all along, IMO. And they just kept Rory so they could justify giving the win to Jag-if he went up against Amy in the final, she would've beaten him too. So FN tried to stack the deck in their favor to get the "latin influence of Jag" when THAT didn't work out, they had to go to plan B because of Jag's lies.

Plausible anyone?
    I think that's very plausible. On the last show, when Amy, Jag, and Rory were left, Bobby Flay announced that Rory would be staying. He said something like it was kind of ironic that he was making the announcement as he hadn't been a fan of her food. I kind of took that to mean that he favored the other contestants over Rory and had been outvoted by the FN execs.

Just starting on the west coast ... thanks for the sneak preview!!!

(Yay! I voted for Amy)

+ Reply to Thread