+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 228 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

I caught some of Guy's show the other day and I still don't care for him. He just doesn't have that "it" factor for me and he tries too hard.

FORT Fogey

I like Guy on the Diner show better than on his cooking show.

He interacts well with the restaurant owners.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

I'm looking forward to the finale too, but I would really be looking forward to it, if Paul was in there. I loved him. I almost stopped watching when he was kicked off.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

FORT Fogey

As I watch the repeat of the first show, I really have to wonder how on earth Rory is still around.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2485488;
    The first winner is actually a team: Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh.

They have a catering business, The Hearty Boys, and the name of their show is Party Line with the Hearty Boys (or I think I've seen it more recently as Party Line with Dan and Steve).
    Oh...I never heard of it or saw it. How is it that they picked a team? Were the rules different?

Quote Originally Posted by Night Owl;2485611;
    Oh...I never heard of it or saw it. How is it that they picked a team? Were the rules different?

I think their show is on early Sunday mornings. And they came as a package deal to compete for TNFNS.

I think Amy will/should win. But in order for her show to succeed she is going to need to really work on her concept.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

She needs to quit using so much goat cheese, lol.

FORT Fanatic

I voted for Rory because I think Amy got there by default. I still don't understand why Jag lied about his experience. He had the chops to make it, even w/o the formal training. It doesn't make sense to me. Had it been a Jag/Rory finale, I would have voted for Jag.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2478612;
    I finally watched the last show and I have to say that I was absolutely stunned that they let Amy go in the first place. How could they justify that? They said that she shone all the way through and has never really made a misstep and they reward that by eliminating her because shes "snobby?" Right.. and Giada or that Barefoot Contessa woman aren't? Whatever. Amy is more down to earth than either of those.

Everything about that scene with JAG coming clean felt staged and scripted to me, from his careful wording to his overly sincere face to the way the "judges" just sat there and tried to look... constipated.
    I think it felt staged as well. IMO, they found out and wanted to save face. Probably told Jag he had better get his behind back down there and help them salvage the show (I wouldn't be surprised if the word "sue" was used). That way there is some compassion, his lies are found out, he "pulls out" and Amy is back in.

FORT Fogey

Amy has a much better "stage" persona than Rory. Based on all of the judges comments leading up to last week, I was shocked that she was sent home at all.

+ Reply to Thread