+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 228 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

My ideal final two would have been Amy and Paul. Now that's a very difficult decision! In a very good way. Rory v JAG would have been a very difficult decision in a very bad way.

Yeah, I miss Paul. But unlike JAG, he got nothing but great things to come out of this show. If not a tv star, his catering business should be doing very well.

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2476818;
    I was interested in her stuffed chicken breasts, but unless I can find a quick and easy substitute for the goat cheese, I am out of luck...
    Ricotta should work -- it has a soft texture, and you can season it up (or not) to your liking.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2476910;
    I have no problem with Jag padding his resume. It was a stupid and short sighted thing to do, but he made a mistake. ?
    A mistake??? No, he, blatantly and manipulatively, lied and expected to get away with it! I cannot cut him any slack.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Don't forget to vote.

On the second viewing, I think Amy actually did the best.

Rory's use of "guys" had never bothered me before. But in that 5-minute segment, she used it like 18 times, and now I can't stand it! She looked disconnected from the circumstances as a guest on RR's show. I didn't notice it until someone here and judges mentioned it, but she did completely ignored RR.

I still don't see how judges could ever saw Amy as the bottom of the three. Crazy.

FORT Regular

If you ask me, it was almost as if they were giving JAG the red carpet treatment and picked Rory to go against him bc Amy would've been too much competition. Completely unfair to Paul.

There were several times when JAG should've gone and they seemed to save him for almost no reason at all. They'd say no one would want to work with a person like him, then they'd turn around an bring him back another week. I think they were using him as a token. I don't like to say that, I don't even like to think it, but I know it exists. And believe me, I have nothing against Hispanics, and obviously I don't have anything against women, because I am one.

I know of several bright, ambitious young people who really want to join the fire dept and the police dept, but were told they're only taking minorities--meaning Hispanics, Asians and women---not necessarily even blacks anymore.

And I think Amy did the best of all three in the RR challenge. I know how HOW they could've justified sending her home over JAG and definitely Rory. I think it strange they decided to pay attention to rumors after they already had sent Amy home.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Oh I hope that Amy wins! I already voted (and it ends today at 9am I believe... and I would guess that's eastern time).

If Rory wins I don't think I would even watch her show. I remember in one of her interviews that they showed on Sunday's show she said she wanted to be a bold, female personality on food network, implying that they lacked one. What about Giada, Rachael Ray, Paula Deen and all the other women on the channel?!?! I think that her show is far too similar to ones that are already on the air. I think Amy's concept is one that would work well for food network, and they don't really have a show like hers on already either.

GO AMY!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2477235;
    A mistake??? No, he, blatantly and manipulatively, lied and expected to get away with it! I cannot cut him any slack.
    Absolutely agree. I couldn't believe he was trying to push it off as a mistake. Wrong,wrong, wrong..You lied! bottom line Jag. You lied to make yourself look better than you are.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2476910;
    I have no problem with Jag padding his resume. It was a stupid and short sighted thing to do, but he made a mistake. He was probably forced to resign, but what else could he do and what else could the show so. Why wasn't he vetted BEFORE the finals?
    He "made a mistake", yes. But, it's not just a simple little oversight on his part. He LIED about his military experience, and, more importantly given the context of this show, he LIED about graduating from cooking school. Both are inexcusable IMHO. If I remember correctly from watching last night, the explanation on the TV screen said that he was given the opportunity to explain/correct the mistake at a press conference (or some sort of press event), and he did not do it. Again, inexcusable. He could have possibly saved face at that point but he chose not to. Again, IMHO, the integrity of the show was on the line at that point, and the show had no other option but to get rid of Jag. Now, whether he voluntarily withdrew from the competition or the show "strongly suggested" that he withdraw, I guess we'll never know. My impression from his little conversation with Bob and Susie was that he was possibly hoping that the show would say, "Oh, that's OK, Jag. You can stay." Um, no. Maybe that might have happened had he come clean at the press event when given the opportunity, but he chose to maintain the lie. He only has himself to blame for his demise on the show.

All that being said, I was secretly hoping that they would somehow bring Paul back, but they realistically couldn't bring him back before Amy, so bringing back Amy was inevitable once Jag's lies were exposed. Now that it's a Rory vs. Amy finale, I think the competition is Amy's to lose, assuming she can get that "snob" element of her personality under control.

A Paul/Amy finale would have been the best matchup IMHO...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;2478341;
    He "made a mistake", yes. But, it's not just a simple little oversight on his part. He LIED about his military experience, and, more importantly given the context of this show, he LIED about graduating from cooking school. Both are inexcusable IMHO. If I remember correctly from watching last night, the explanation on the TV screen said that he was given the opportunity to explain/correct the mistake at a press conference (or some sort of press event), and he did not do it. Again, inexcusable. He could have possibly saved face at that point but he chose not to. Again, IMHO, the integrity of the show was on the line at that point, and the show had no other option but to get rid of Jag. Now, whether he voluntarily withdrew from the competition or the show "strongly suggested" that he withdraw, I guess we'll never know. My impression from his little conversation with Bob and Susie was that he was possibly hoping that the show would say, "Oh, that's OK, Jag. You can stay." Um, no. Maybe that might have happened had he come clean at the press event when given the opportunity, but he chose to maintain the lie. He only has himself to blame for his demise on the show.
    The points you have cited are exactly why this move was not a "mistake". There was calculation and determination behind his actions. And I am still a fan of his cooking styles (even though I could never get anywhere near his style...nor would I want to. I am not into complex cooking.) I just don't like it when people try to play other people for stupid. Why would he think his info would not be thoroughly researched? Idiot. :nono
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread