+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 228 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Big fan of Susannah since she is a fellow weight watcher FN actually has two guys that only cook diet food, Calorie Commando and Low Carb and Lovin It (ugh I hate that guy). Then the lady that was a spa chef or something, she is highly irritating and I don't like to watch her. Maybe FN wants to replace one of them with a Rachel Ray kind of chef, someone a little more down to earth.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    Big fan of Susannah since she is a fellow weight watcher FN actually has two guys that only cook diet food, Calorie Commando and Low Carb and Lovin It (ugh I hate that guy). Then the lady that was a spa chef or something, she is highly irritating and I don't like to watch her. Maybe FN wants to replace one of them with a Rachel Ray kind of chef, someone a little more down to earth.
    I was thinking of the Low Carb guy and the spa lady. They both say they lost a lot of weight - which is the big selling point for their shows. I like Susannah better than either of them, especially the spa chef lady. That show would be 100 times better if they replaced her with Susannah.

Susannah hasn't really wowed me, though. I guess if I had to put money on one of them to win, it would be her, but I feel like I need to see more of them all.

I saw it last night... but I just happened to stumble upon it. I liked it though, and I'll watch all of it.

My favorites are Eric, Deborah, and Steve/Dan. lol I'm not sure why though.

Why is it that guys named Brook are the first to go? First Survivor Vanuatu, now this?

Debra reminds me of Danielle from Big Brother.
    I thought that too! So I'm not the only one!!
    Last edited by Super Goten; 06-06-2005 at 07:31 PM.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

I'm so happy to see this thread today. I saw both episodes on last night, but was too busy to actually sit down and watch them, so I only ended up catching odd snatches of them throughout the evening (and out of order too, since I caught the rerun of the premiere later on). Everybody's commentary and remarks have really helped de-confuse me and catch me up on what's going on.

The bits I did catch, mostly challenge segments, I found to be really fun. Like a lot of you guys, I was actually very impressed with the way most of the contestants dealt with the problems the producers threw at them. For the most part, I didn't see anyone get really flustered or bomb (except for the blonde and her fritatta), and that earned many of them my respect. I will definitely tune in to this show again.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Oh my goodness....could that first hour have taken any longer to get through?? I thought it would never end! That as a very good time for me to be watching it recorded instead of live, cause those audition tapes just bored me to tears. The second hour I really enjoyed once they got into the action. I may be a bit on the wierd side of the fence, but I enjoyed Michael (that is the big haired, Richard Simmons-esque guy right?)....if he could get a bit more calm and focused I think I'd enjoy him more though.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    I may be a bit on the wierd side of the fence, but I enjoyed Michael (that is the big haired, Richard Simmons-esque guy right?)....if he could get a bit more calm and focused I think I'd enjoy him more though.
    Great description. I liked him especially when he joked about the magical water of New York.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

Michael is my favorite too.

When I saw it was by the producer of all the shows I either actively loathe or just never watch, I did not hold out much hope, especially after the first episode where out of each three they seemed to always pick ones that I wouldn't, but at least I have one guy to root for here. I noticed the weight-loss gal looks just like Rachel Ray, one of that producer's other people, so maybe that is his "type."

Did anyone else think the blonde should have gone -- unless their "new target demographic" is horny guys?

I'm glad they didn't fire Hans right away, since he is one of the few that really captures my attention and they should give him a chance. I am always struck by those early tapes of Emeril, Mario, etc. in realizing that nowadays those tapes would not even get them in the door. Think of all the people who will never get a chance who might have been great because the audition bar is now too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    Did anyone else think the blonde should have gone -- unless their "new target demographic" is horny guys?
    Food Network, over the years making the transition from "Two Fat Ladies" to "The Coors Twins."
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Food Network, over the years making the transition from "Two Fat Ladies" to "The Coors Twins."
    I have to admit, I would watch that! There are few things better than watching a beautiful woman making a delicious meal. I can't even cook, and I watch the Food Network. It could definitely use some eye candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest
    I noticed the weight-loss gal looks just like Rachel Ray, one of that producer's other people, so maybe that is his "type."
    I thought the same thing as well. I really can't see her winning for that fact alone, although I also like the shows on low-cal cooking.
    Right now my favorite is Michael, is quirky and funny, something different.

+ Reply to Thread