+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 228 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Next Food Network Star

With JAG's "resignation", I'm sure it was a case of "you can either resign, or we'll do it for you. What's it going to be?" Although I was a JAG fan, I was also shocked that they kept keeping him in. Why do some men lie so much?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Is anyone here thinking about trying out for next season. I couldn't, unless they wanted a show about how to warm up a frozen Lean Cuisine in the microwave.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2476759;
    Is anyone here thinking about trying out for next season. I couldn't, unless they wanted a show about how to warm up a frozen Lean Cuisine in the microwave.
    It does take a certain skill to warm it up evenly without exploding it. So you might have a chance. I doubt JAG can do it correctly since it doesn't involve 37 ingredients and it's only for the homecooks.

FORT Fogey

Of the two, I certainly like Amy better than Rory, but wish Amy would quit using goat cheese all the time.

LOL...

I was talking with my daughter about that this morning... She said she didn't like goat cheese... I said I don't like Feta, but had never eaten regular goat cheese. I wondered what you could substitute for it... Not much, apparently.. Maybe softened cream cheese, or yogurt cheese... Though I seldom have either of those on hand...

I was interested in her stuffed chicken breasts, but unless I can find a quick and easy substitute for the goat cheese, I am out of luck...

I am tempted to try them with Swiss American cheese...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

I didn't see the first half of the season (there is a marathon on now) and I found it funny that Rory did the worst in the first two challenges and here she is at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;2476850;
    I didn't see the first half of the season (there is a marathon on now) and I found it funny that Rory did the worst in the first two challenges and here she is at the end.
    I can't beleive it either, she is either paying or sleeping with somebody!

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Rory's RR food was a heart attack on a plate. I'm all about butter and good ole Paula Deen food, but Rory's food scared even me.

Amy has been so consistant. She should have gone to the finals.

I have no problem with Jag padding his resume. It was a stupid and short sighted thing to do, but he made a mistake. He was probably forced to resign, but what else could he do and what else could the show so. Why wasn't he vetted BEFORE the finals?
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2476707;
    Had they kept Paul (as they should!), and let JAG go last time, this would all be moot...

However, if his military and culinary school exaggerations were not discovered before the last judging, it's understandable they did things the way they did...

I think it was Paul who got the shaft because of this... He may still not have made the final two, but he would have had a good shot at it....

;0))

PK

Amen. BRING BACK PAUL!!!
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

I was watching the marathon and cannot believe that Rory is still there! Her wedding cake was awful! And as I look back I find her to be more and more unpleasant.

On the Jag subject, I feel like the only person that Jag's lying really affected was Paul. I think they should have brought back Paul and Amy and done another show with Rory to then determine the final 2. But then again... I'd just like them to bring back Paul because he was my favorite this season!

Amy should not have been eliminated in the first place, but either way I'm glad she's back. She was consistent throughout the show and I hope she wins!

+ Reply to Thread