+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 228 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

FORT Newbie

Re: The Next Food Network Star

The ending is now anti-climatic since one of the finalists dropped out. It would have been more interesting to have all 3 up for the public vote. I wonder whether the public would be willing to forgive Jag or not. Anyway, the voting would have looked better if one of the 3 was much more favorable than the other two. There would likely have been more voters as well. With no drama, I personally have no interest in even voting. As it is now, we just have maybes and will probably end up with a winner with a very short tv career.

FORT Fogey

Jag wouldn't have won anyway except maybe if all the latinos called in. He sounded too much like emeril.

FORT Fogey

I voted for Amy three times yesterday, once each from my phone and computer and once from my husband's computer. I have already done my computer vote this morning.

Amy was clearly the judges favorite for the last few weeks, so I just do not understand why she was sent home in the first place.

I would hate to think the whole thing was scripted for the drama... Were we ever able to figure out the time frame in the competition of when Jag was "busted"?

In any event I was pleased to see him go, for whatever the reason... Shame on me, but I broke into a big grin when it was evident what the "shocking twist" was...

I am still a little undecided about my favorite... It would have been much easier for me with Jag in the race.

Can I write in Paul? Hah!

I think I would be more likely to prepare Rory's recipes to Amy's, but, when you get right down to it, I prepare very few of any of the recipes. I watch to get "ideas".

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Veggieviewer;2476422;
    That bugs me, his lies kept other people from being able to advance as far since they kept putting him through

His lies possible kept out another competitor that might have won. His lies pumped up his resume' and got him noticed for the show. If he had been honest, maybe someone else would have been selected to be on and been a better choice for the prize.

ps..
    if anyone has watched any of the shows on Bravo about the child beauty pageants, the younger girls who have lost their baby teeth, have dentures that they wear called "flippers". These are fake teeth and gumline that makes the child look as if they have all of their adult teeth.
    That is what I think of when I see Rory smile. Her whole upper tooth line looks fake as well as her gums. She just needs some "pageant hair" along with her fake smile and vacant stare to make her the perfect stepford chef.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I wouldn't be surprised if Foodnetwork wanted to keep JAG because they wanted to tap into the latino audience. I mean, they just starnted the new latino fusion show. Given that the whole thing was taped months ago, they could have come up with Simply Delicioso after JAG "withdrew." In any case, I don't remember JAG making any latin food on the show. He was all talk and no walk. I can't remember when he actually made good food, latin or not. The meatloaf? Wow, that's a long time ago.

I don't think JAG's interview was too scripted. The judges probably thought about what to say and how to say it. Also, they might have told JAG that he couldn't continue and let him resign. But otherwise, it didn't seem like it was scripted. I mean, the room they were in seemed like a back room with white walls and regular wooden table. It didn't seem like they put much effort into presenting the "drama."

Seriously, what were the judges thinking by sending Amy home?!?!? That was a huge lapse of judgment.

FORT Regular

It really bugs me that it took this long for JAG to be out of the running. I don't feel a bit sorry for him. Who I do feel sorry for are all those who were eliminated BEFORE him---excluding Colombe (and the first two to go). I felt she should've been gone after wedding catering---don't know why they kept her. It was sweet to see JAG get stuck with Colombe for the Iron Chef competition.

I didn't even read the link that was given here about his fudging on his experience bc I already didn't care for him. I don't know why he felt he had to lie about his experience as a Marine. Just having been a Marine or any branch of the military is impressive enough by itself.

And what further bugs me is that from what the Judges said, Amy was the best in at least the last two challenges. Then they pick JAG and sent her HOME??? If they wanted to keep JAG for whatever reason, then they should've sent Rory home, not Amy.

Same thing with when Paul got eliminated. From what they showed the judges talking about it, there was NO reason for them to have gotten rid of Paul. I kind of saw what someone else mentioned here that they weren't sure who they should let go, bc they both messed up badly. But Paul's food wasn't equally as bad as JAG's, Paul was an easier person to work with, and JAG screwed up royally on both parts of the Iron Chef.

Them choosing JAG over Amy was a royal screw up on JUDGES' part, & just made no sense at all to me.

Had they kept Paul (as they should!), and let JAG go last time, this would all be moot...

However, if his military and culinary school exaggerations were not discovered before the last judging, it's understandable they did things the way they did...

I think it was Paul who got the shaft because of this... He may still not have made the final two, but he would have had a good shot at it....

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2476707;
    Had they kept Paul (as they should!), and let JAG go last time, this would all be moot...

However, if his military and culinary school exaggerations were not discovered before the last judging, it's understandable they did things the way they did...

I think it was Paul who got the shaft because of this... He may still not have made the final two, but he would have had a good shot at it....

;0))

PK
    Agreed. Judges made a huge mistake when they sent Amy home. But sending Paul home instead of JAG was as big of a mistake. I'm completely baffled by the judges' decision to keep JAG around all this time.

I know that this is overshadowed by the whole JAG thing, but I'm also surprised that Rory is standing in the final two. I feel like she managed to stay only because there was always someone who did worse than her. I do like her food, but it's nothing special. All of her food has been something I could have come up with. Like someone said, Amy's food is so much more inspirational than Rory's.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledhead;2476691;
    It really bugs me that it took this long for JAG to be out of the running. I don't feel a bit sorry for him. Who I do feel sorry for are all those who were eliminated BEFORE him---excluding Colombe (and the first two to go). I felt she should've been gone after wedding catering---don't know why they kept her. It was sweet to see JAG get stuck with Colombe for the Iron Chef competition.
    I agree. I applaud Jag for coming clean but he should have done it much sooner and if the judges had heard rumors, they should have confronted him earlier.

I couldn't believe when Amy got sent home last night. I thought she did better than Jag at RR.

I don't think the Latino audience had anything to do with it. They had a Latino cooking contestant last season and she didn't do very well. She was the sofrito lady. Sure it makes for nice conspiracy theories, but I don't think that's why Jag stuck around. If I were going to go with a conspiracy theory I would go with the rumors about his background, potential ratings boost theory. It can take a long time to find a host and develop a show so I think Ingrid got it on her own.

I also agree with the poster who said the confession scene seemed scripted. It was all to nice and concise. Maybe it was a re-shoot.

+ Reply to Thread