+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 228 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Re: The Next Food Network Star

I'm on the west coast watching and they all finished at Rachel Ray and I honestly think that Rory did the worst. She completely ignored Rachel Ray and just talked over her. And what was with the shirt Rory was wearing?!?! It looked like a guys shirt. I was not impressed at all.

On the RR show, I really disliked JAG. He is too hyper, too loud, and too much like Emeril. I really HATE that he kept calling RR "honey." RR was good sport about it, but it was really annoying to me.

I think Rory did the best on RR. What made Rory better than Amy was that you could tell that Amy was a bit nervous. Also, when Rory was making things and explainting them, I could literally imagine how they might taste like. Maybe that's because I've tasted all the ingredients and their combinations, but Amy's food didn't seem as apptizing.

Still, Amy is my favorite!!! VOTE!

Wow, the thing about JAG after sending Amy home is so dramatic, it's funny.

JAG came out clean. It must have been really hard for him. At the same time, if the "misrepresentations" didn't come out, he would've gone along with it without withdrawing. It's not like HE just found out that he misrepresented some facts. So I feel that his "sincerity" really was hypocritical. As hard and humiliating as it must have been for him, I don't feel bad for him. It also helps that I would have kicked him off the show a long time ago on the merits.

JAG's "withdrawal" scene seemed awfully scripted to me. I got the impression that he was asked to withdraw; he agreed, and they scripted and filmed a scene around it.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I loooooooooooooooved Jag! I found his food to be most appealing. Its
    too bad that things turned out the way they did, but he showed a lot of maturity by doing it in such a public way. When the network found out, he could of just said, "Oh Well' . Instead he came back and let Food Network explain away the turn of events in their style.

Keep your head up Jag!

Was there a rule that said you had to go to culinary school? He was in the Marine Core, why did he have to lie? Maybe he didn't really think he would get that far.

I think Rory did the worst on RR, she was nervous, twisted her words, and uses her hands too much.

JAG is loud, almost seems fake and he kept stepping away. Made no sense why he didn't want to discuss his past, yet he did. He contradicted himself.

I really don't like Amy or Rory but I think Amy did a bit better.

As far as superficialness, they both have teeth issues.

No, there was no rule that said that they had to go to culinary school. Adrian didn't have any formal training, either. But it was the fact that he lied.

FORT Fanatic

Wow, what a shocker.

They sent Amy home?!?!? After she did so well in all the challenges lately? They must think her Paris trained cooking is too hard or maybe too obtuse for the home cook, but her food intrigues me. I admit I loved Rory's food on the RR show and will be looking up those recipes, but Amy's intrigued me more-definitely different in a good way, more inspirational and original than Rory's. Amy's got my vote.
    (Food aside, I dont think I could stand looking at those too trendy, fashion victim clothes Rory wears.)
    The commentary on Jag was: months after the show was taped, they learned that his military history and culinary training had been falsified. They brought him back, had him offer some apologies and allowed him to resign. Then they reintroduced Amy, and viewers are going to choose the winner by voting.
    So what happened here? After Amy was axed, did they continue taping until they had a winner? Does anyone know? It makes sense that they continued, and the winner was Jag, then they learned the truth about his background. If Rory won, then what? they tell her oops, we gotta do it over and you have to try to win the finale all over again?
    What a 'shocking twist' indeed.

That bugs me, his lies kept other people from being able to advance as far since they kept putting him through

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

Though I know Jag lied about his service, which I do not agree with at all, I do not necessarily see its significance in the competition. I mean, it's not like they put him through because of it.

Still, I'm glad that Amy is around still. I really hope she wins because I would have had a hard time voting for either Jag or Rory.

+ Reply to Thread