+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 228 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: The Next Food Network Star

Re: The Next Food Network Star

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2469743;
    The shocking twist is that none of them will cry and that they will all actually do good and not let nerves get to them *gasp*

*grin* kidding, no idea what it is but then again their idea of shocking twists and mine? Yeah, never pan out.
    Watching the preview and all the smiles ... and by watching all the crying and screw ups previously seen, you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2469916;
    Hah...

And I thought "I" had a problem just keeping the three foodie shows separate...

They are doing a nice hype, though...

Wait... Maybe THAT is the kicker... All the contestants on all three shows will be juggled... And Gordon Ramsey will determine who will have the FN show... Alton will determine the winner of Hell's Kitchen, and Padma will run off with all of the guys on Top Chef...

And, LOL, I probably wouldn't know the difference...

;0))

PK
    Now THAT I would watch!

Stickers spits nickels... PK...'s Avatar

If Rachael Ray has not aired in your market yet, today, there will be a cook off of the three remaining contestants...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thanks for the heads-up! Can't wait!!! I don't get this until 2 p.m. (EDT). Setting the DVR!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Thanks PK! I just watched that part of RR. I missed part of Rory's segment, but both Jag and Amy did a good job.

Sorry you missed Rory...

She was the best of the three (IMO), and finished with time to spare, even though she yakked all the way through... Really good looking recipes, too... I hope they are online somewhere.

Interesting what the judges had to say about JAG... While he was cooking, I was surprised that he was actually ripping off Emeril's spiel... (Well, given that he misrepresented his military background, perhaps I am not THAT surprised...) The judges evidently noticed it, too. That could be either a good thing or a bad thing... Personally, I don't think we need an Emeril knock off...

ALL the recipes looked exceptional. The judges surely had their hands full...

;0))

PK

Oh, I wish I could catch it!!! I'm so looking forward to this Sunday. I'm glad that they all did well. About time there is a real competition. Judges were on RR's show too? What were their comments?

They paid high complements to all three of them, and patted themselves on the back for being so insightful with their selections... The camera panned them a lot, and they all did seem to be enjoying themselves...

I wonder, if Foodnetwork might have their segments online... Rachel Ray's website?

Hey, maybe they will turn up on Youtube....

;0))

PK

Recipes and highlights available here... Five Minute Meals with "The Next Food Network Star" Finalists | Rachael Ray Show

Note... On the show, she just did the steaks in a grill pan... I really don't know about steaks on a cedar shingle... How do you get them browned???

;0))

PK
    Last edited by PK...; 07-13-2007 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2473057;
    . . . JAG . . . misrepresented his military background . . .
    . . . and his culinary training, and apparently his having grown up in the Bronx. (According to the boards on the Military Times Web site, he actually grew up in a small town in New Jersey.)

I can't imagine Food Network awarding JAG his own show now with this little resumé-padding scandal going on.

Maybe this is the "shocking twist" that the previews were alluding to?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread